unknown handle under me name post
When I post a comment to a forum I note that for some unknown reason the name 'switchman' appears under my name! Where did this come from and how do I get rid of it? I looked under my profile and I can't see it either! Thx.

Eric Halpin
eric halpin Wrote:When I post a comment to a forum I note that for some unknown reason the name 'switchman' appears under my name! Where did this come from and how do I get rid of it? I looked under my profile and I can't see it either! Thx.

Eric Halpin

I guess you can call it your 'level' on the forum, the more you post the more it will change, but yeah right now you're at the bottom of the totem poll Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Eric: a quick perusal of the member list shows ranks Hobo, switchman, brakeman, conductor and engineer, plus moderator and administrator. Its based on number of posts.
One site, RMWEB, gives credit only for significant posts -- things in the social forums don't count.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
The ranking is as follows:

Hobo - 0 posts
Switchman - 1 through 49 posts
Brakeman - 50 through 99 posts
Conductor - 100 though 999 posts
Engineer - 1000 up posts

There may be a way of adding a custom title like we had with at the old forum, but I haven't found it yet. I'm still looking though. :ugeek:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
coot'n I jes stay a HObO?
Nope
Cid
cid Wrote:coot'n I jes stay a HObO?
Nope

No way! You post too much to be a mere Hobo. Icon_lol Icon_lol

Wayne
Thanks for the explanation fellas. Switching isn't a bad job anyhow!
Eric
Now that I've retired, do I have to call switching "turnouting" ? Goldth
Charlie