airbrush repair.
I seam to have A problem with destroying airbrushes, so far dropping 2 and damaging one beyond repair. This one I was able to save, the only damage was to the trigger. The air and paint valve still worked, I just needed to make a new one     I started to shape a #10 screw to match the damaged trigger on the left.

Then I placed it in my improvised milling machine and cut a grove for the brushes needle to pass through.

Here you can see the stem of the air valve that the trigger attaches to and the tight clearances that you have to work with.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The next step was to attach the new trigger to the old valve stem. I did this by drilling a hole in the trigger and riveting it to the stem.    

The last step was to assemble the brush and test it.     She works just fine, that saved me a pretty penny. Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Now that's what I call fabricating a part! Well done!!! Worship
Just like a good steam mechanic, Steve. Thumbsup A good hammer (figuratively speaking) and you can make anything. Goldth

Wayne
Awesome work! Great improvising Thumbsup
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Whoa! Worship Worship Worship Really nice work! Worship Worship

You have my utmost respect! I haven't seen that kind of inventiveness and creative problem solving since I was just out of Philadelphia College of Art and working in a consultant design office with a couple of crazed, outrageously creative industrial designers!! Big Grin Thumbsup

Just chuck a chunk of "whatever-it-is" in the vertical mill and have at it! So cool! Ya gotta love it! Worship

BUT! you need to tether those airbrushes so when the leave your hand Confusedhock: they stop falling just short of the floor!! Thumbsup How about a vertical "service loop" in the air hose on a long bungie cord? :?: :?:

biL
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln