Scale Drawings.
Maybe we could get some help on this from the card model folks at the old "Z"...Chris Gutzmer used to stop here once in a while, and some of us still visit there...card modeling relies on ability to scale "drawings" to prints and assemble 'em. Someone should be able to tell you what you need if you describe the project. Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quote:I checked out that InDesign program and just about lost my lunch when I saw the price. I do have a version of AutoCAD 2000. I've been toying with the idea of trying it, however I figure by the time I get good with it, I could have hand drawn any number of diagrams or blue prints using my scale ruler, dividers, paper and pencil. hmmmm.... :?

Honestly, all I would like is a program that could read the drawings I have, convert them to HO scale so that I can print out accurate templates to work off of.

I can scale the .pdf in ACAD and send you back the ACAD file if you want, then all you have to do is print it. If you get any drawing with dimensions on it and get it correctly scaled 1:1, you can plot to any scale you want, HO, N, S....

If you'd like to try it, PM me.
"You did NOT cut a hole in the wall for the train, did you?" - the wife
The Waynesburg Southern
Blue Mountain Aerial Mapping
Thanks you for the kind offer Joe. That is a really generous of you! Cheers
tetters, I asked cgutzmer for a reference/assistance. Chris kindly replied with this -
Quote:basically you need to know the current scale of the model and the scale you want to print out then its a matter of just reducing (or enlarging if you have room) to get the right proportions

Here is a link to all the info you will ever want on the topic - about 1/3 of the way down is a chart of the proportions and print size
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/t...le-models.html">http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/t...le-models.html</a><!-- m -->
Chris
- and will try to check in later. Haven't checked the link (assuming I'd have any idea what you wanted - DUH !), but, to Chris, it's simple... :? Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."