Old Dominion Freight Lines Models
As mentioned in my Gordon Trucking Thread, I have been working on a Old Dominion Freight Lines 48' trailer. I got most of the decals applied to the trailer, but there still is quite a bit of work that needs to be done to it. In the meantime, here are some pics of the trailer as it is now:

[Image: SL373880.jpg]

[Image: SL373881.jpg]

[Image: SL373882.jpg]

[Image: SL373883.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
On the "To Do List" for this trailer

1. Add Hazard Sign Decals
2. Add Safety Striping to rear bumper
3. Remove and replace landing gear with a new set
4. Paint Wheels White
5. Paint red lights on rear of trailer
6. Apply Flat Finish to seal it all in place

Old Dominon Freight Lines Mack CH 603 Day Cab

1. Paint Cab to match prototype
2. Paint Fuel Tank Silver
3. Replace Wheels with new Disc Wheels
4. Paint Wheels White
5. Apply Flat Finish to seal it all in place
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Nice work on the trailer Josh.If I may make one suggestion-when you weather the trailer(s) you may want to add exhaust streaks to the trailer.I think this would add to the overall look. Just my 2 cents worth.
Bob
The trailer looks terrific! Thumbsup Nice!
Ralph
on some OD trailers I've seen THE 151 LINE written on them. Do know what that refers to?
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw-I may be wrong,but I remember Preston Trucking had The 151 Line on their trailers. Someone once told me that the 151 referred to the highway route they were located on.
Bob
you could be right, I realy don't know.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Josh, please keep posting your work. One of these days I will eventually be populating my layout with trucks, and I can copy your ideas!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Hey Josh, you mentioned that you hadn't ever seen a Gordon plate wall trailer, and I haven't either, but I have seen numerous OD plate walls, and no OD trailers like this one. I know, NOW you find out, lol Goldth

Looking good though, I wouldn't change them out.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the trailer, its not done yet, so more work still to come Misngth

Bob, yes weathering will eventually be done to this trailer, and you can bet I will take your suggestion on the exhaust on the upper corner of the trailer Misngth

Steve, as Bob said, the 151 Line you have seen was in fact from the old Preston Lines trucks Misngth

Gary, thanks bud, there will be plenty more trailers to roll off my work bench soon Thumbsup Misngth

Tom, Ive seen all kinds of OD trailers around here, in fact I see more 48'ers and 53'ers then the pups, kinda odd since i think they are a little bigger on the LTL side of the market. But they seem to run more Truckload over here in So Cal. Alot of the trailers I see have the lift-gates on the backs of them, which would be awesome to model if someone made something like that! LOL

I have also seen ALOT of the OD Plate Trailers, and I actually plan on decaling one of them as well. I just ordered a few more Plate Trailers, so I should have them in next week sometime, and I still have another set of OD decals to use. After that, Ill make a double pup with dolly truck as well. OD is one of my more favorite LTL companies, I dont know why, I just like their logo and there trucks i guess Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Do any of you guys remember St.Johnsbury Trucking? When I was in art school back in 1965,I had an instructor that designed the logo for the trucks and trailers. I thought that was neat.
Bob