Hi...I've tried every which way to place an avatar in my profile, but I've only seen an "EDIT" option, which doesn't allow me to place one....

Also, I've tried enlarging the font so's I can read without having stick my nose up against the screen (old eyes...), but It doesn't respond to the font size option in IE. I tried changing the size in the old forum, and it adjusted it right away....

Any help would surely be appreciated.
Gus (LC&P).
Gus, did you click on the "edit avatar" option? If you do, a new window will open where you can upload a picture – worked for me. As for the font size, do you see that "A" in the upper right corner just above where your name is displayed when you are logged in? By clicking on the the "A", you can change the font size in three steps.
Kurt
Hey...I got the font size as "large" as it would go...Just a slight improvement....
I spent some time last night trying to post the avatar, and it keeps telling me the dimension is not right....It's the same av I use at Zealot...It's tiny.....Much smaller than some I've seen here. What am I doing wrong..? Wallbang
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I spent some time last night trying to post the avatar, and it keeps telling me the dimension is not right....It's the same av I use at Zealot...It's tiny.....Much smaller than some I've seen here. What am I doing wrong..? Wallbang

An avatar here has to be 90 x 90 pixels and also 6KB or less in filesize.

Zealot however allowed 100 x 100 pixels and 64KB or less in filesize.

Does your image fit that new size requirement?
Nolatron is right, the dimensions and the file size of the avatars have to be smaller here. I had to cut down my avatar too. Gus, if you are having problems bringing your avatar to the right size, I could do it for you, just send me a PM. I checked IE for changing the font size and it did not work for me too. I am usually using Firefox and it has the option to zoom the page in until it is real large. Maybe Firefox would be the better program for you.
Kurt
Also, hitting CTRL and + or CTRL and - will zoom your browser in/out of a page.
I was kinda bumbed that i had to shrink my avatar even more when i added it here, my pic is of 2 28' trailers at a dock on my old shelf layout, and its hard to tell what it is lol. I need to find a picture that will make a good avatar even when it is shrunk way down to fit and meet the requirements
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Just found the Selection... Avatars are now 100 X 100 and 6.4 K
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well....It seems I got my settings the way I like'em....For the font size, this morning I did what was suggested in a similar post indicating to ignore the site's font selection, so I could pick one I can read, and everything is looking much better now....
And I finally managed to post an avatar...!!!! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

It feels much like home now....

Gotta work on my signature yet.... Nope

Signature is done..!!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).