Suydam Roundhouse Kit
I just became the new owner of a suydam Roundhouse kit. It is very similar to Steamtrain's New foundry build-

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2262">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2262</a><!-- l -->

It is an all metal kit, along with some additional stalls and wooden detail parts. this structure is huge, but in several, half finished pieces. the parts still in the box are nice and shiny, but the other parts are bent, tarnished, or even corroded, though nothing so serious or obvious that couldn't be repaired, cleaned, or painted over.

Here is a photo of what i've got. the structure is huge, and i have a few extra stall kits. I think i have about 15 stalls worth, though i haven't actually counted all the add-on kits i have. I might work a little on it, but i don't know where i'll put it. I'll probably work on it a little between building catenary towers for my other thread. It looks like i better get used to soldering!

[Image: trainclubvideosandstuffp.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
This could be interesting. Very interesting!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Wow. All metal you say? I'll bet it also has some weight to it. Looking forward to seeing how you rescue this roundhouse kit.
Tetters...Now that you mention it, my foundry turned out to have some heft to it, once I got it all assembled. Kinda surprised me as other structures (wood & plastic) are very light....
Gus (LC&P).
I bet if the original owner had kept at it, he'd almost have it finished by now. Icon_lol
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:I bet if the original owner had kept at it, he'd almost have it finished by now. Icon_lol

Cheers Good one, David. Misngth Misngth

Wayne
Yep' the Suydam roundhouse kits can be a real project for those new to craftsman kits,it was where I learned my soldering skill's such as they are lol but getting it finished (1983) had to admit to a certain amount of pride.
Heres the only picture I have of it. On selling our home the roundhouse and turntable were sold in 1994. 35

[Image: MySuydamroundhousecirca1985.jpg]
Good luck with that!!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
I have one that is completely "not assembled", so I will be watching this with interest...! Wink Big Grin

Andrew
Looks like a few of us are building roundhouses. Good luck.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew