Anybody interested in a new challenge?
Big Grin Big Grin That's my point entirely, it's something that i can "use now" but not for what i want to do in the future LOL

Ezdays & I are discussing logistics Smile Smile We'll get back to you!

Great idea!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I've got some Caboose parts that I've thought about trying to make usable. So count me in.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Will there be a limit on how many entries per person? Not that I'm ambitious, but projects like this are like potato chips - it's hard to stop at just one.

Wayne
In preparation for this little shin-dig, I stopped by the LHS and picked up a sack full of junk gondolas and boxcars. So, I'm with Doc..... maybe a couple of entries permissible? Smile

Now, on the other hand, y'all are a bad influence. I need to be working on my building, not on trains right now! :x
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Geez guys! I am heartwarmed to read there is enthusiasm for this!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Taking a busted up 3 dollar junker and turning it into something worthwhile is the essence of the hobby in my eyes. Heck, the only reason I even want a layout is so I have a place to run the rollingstock that I have worked on. Well, one other reason.... GERN Industries Texas Division needs a home!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
doctorwayne Wrote:Will there be a limit on how many entries per person? Not that I'm ambitious, but projects like this are like potato chips - it's hard to stop at just one.

Wayne
We are cogitating the rules right now. What I'm thinking is that perhaps we can allow more than one, but each entry must be a different car type. I'm also wondering if we should make this a two part challenge, one for cars, the other for locos. I'm not sure though that there's that many people here interested in bashing a loco. Let me know if we should do that or just keep the challenge to cars only.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
A very good and worthwhile challenge. I will participate when I have the time. I have a big project coming up soon that will take most of my time for a while.
Charlie
I like it! Hmmmm, I'm actually in the process of doing this right now as Nachoman mentioned in his first post. Is it OK to submit one of my Penn Central cabooses for this or should I start a new project? I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
Ralph
doctorwayne Wrote:Will there be a limit on how many entries per person? Not that I'm ambitious, but projects like this are like potato chips - it's hard to stop at just one. Wayne

Cheers , with the potato chip thing. Big Grin Along with the crane, I would like to include a "boom flat", and a flat with a water tank, and fuel oil tank. These from "leftovers" of a number of previous kitbashes..........my junkbox runneth over!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I was wondering what I might do if you guys had another challenge here soon. This is something I might be interested in. I have a box of old Varney stuff that I got from a Kix cereal box top offer back in the late '50's. I relegated them to a box, but have kept them as a reminder of what my modeling skills once were ... as a seven year old.

I might open that box and pull something out for a "Rejuvenate an Old Basket Case" Challenge! Same kind of rules? Photos of every step along the way, starting with the "donor" model? I could do that1 Sounds like fun!! Thumbsup

bil
Lehigh Susquehanna & Western
Southwest Florida, USA
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:I was wondering what I might do if you guys had another challenge here soon. This is something I might be interested in. I have a box of old Varney stuff that I got from a Kix cereal box top offer back in the late '50's. I relegated them to a box, but have kept them as a reminder of what my modeling skills once were ... as a seven year old.

I might open that box and pull something out for a "Rejuvenate an Old Basket Case" Challenge! Same kind of rules? Photos of every step along the way, starting with the "donor" model? I could do that1 Sounds like fun!! Thumbsup

bil
Southwest Florida, USA

I've heard rumors of a new challenge coming soon, but it is unlikely it will be the same thing as before. But, don't fret - if the varney parts don't fit in with whatever the new challenge happens to be, you can always start a thread on your own about rebuilding old varney basket cases, and plenty of people here would love to see.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Yes, there is a new challenge in the works. We've talked about bashes and scratch builds and even kit builds. But rest assured, we are talking about the most common denominator of all three... Hey, I can't say any more else I might get myself in trouble so early in the discussions. Nope Nope Nope 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Actually, I'm currently doing a production-line major upgrade from "$1.97 after Christmas Sale Bin AHM Toy RTR 4-Wheel Bobber Cabooses" (seven of the Cute Little Crummies) and converting them into detailed scale models. Last night I started replacing the molded on roof walks with "piece built" free standing versions. All molded-on grabs, railings and hand rails have been removed and the grooves between the boards scribed through. If I could get Photobucket to accept a blinkin' password I would post a photo or two. I'm working on it.

The Lehigh Susquehanna & Western is a northeast Pennsylvania, all Camelback powered coal hauler and little "crummies" just sort of fit in with the area and short, heavy coal drags climbing steep grades out of the valleys on short runs to marshalling yards.

When I get the Photo bucket thing sorted out, I'll post photos (I'll need to sort it out before I enter a challenge anyway!) Wink

bil
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Cool bil! I hope you can upload to the 'bucket. We'd love to see your pics!
Ralph