links in red
Links in red are a bit difficult to read, with these tired old eyes. Can we use, say, a highlight of another color, with the link itself in white?
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
We played around with this a few months ago since the green links we had were even harder to see. I'll let Path know and ask him to see what he can do when he has some time.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks, Don. BTW, tell your wife we absolutely enjoyed her book!! Will there be another one, soon, we hope??
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Thanks, Don. BTW, tell your wife we absolutely enjoyed her book!! Will there be another one, soon, we hope??
I certainly will tell here that. We both thank you. No, there is no second book in the works right now, but I'm trying to talk her into a collaboration. I'll keep you posted.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
"We played around with this a few months ago since the green links we had were even harder to see. I'll let Path know and ask him to see what he can do when he has some time."

This color might work.....just a thought it's one of the existing font colors.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
That colour is certainly easy enough to read on the "Gauge Dark" board style. Goldth

Wayne
Sumpter250 Wrote:"We played around with this a few months ago since the green links we had were even harder to see. I'll let Path know and ask him to see what he can do when he has some time."

The problem with the yellow is that when you "Quote" or use one of the other color arrangements, i.e. "Whatever Silver," it doesn't show up as readable. I made a stink about this earlier, had it explained to me and I actually thought about sying anything more for several minutes before I commented on this thread ... far be it from me to do anything to stir this up again and get myself in hot water one more time!!!!! Nope Confusedhock: 8-) Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope 35 Nope Nope
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:"We played around with this a few months ago since the green links we had were even harder to see. I'll let Path know and ask him to see what he can do when he has some time."

The problem with the yellow is that when you "Quote" or use one of the other color arrangements, i.e. "Whatever Silver," it doesn't show up as readable. I made a stink about this earlier, had it explained to me and I actually thought about sying anything more for several minutes before I commented on this thread ... far be it from me to do anything to stir this up again and get myself in hot water one more time!!!!! Nope Confusedhock: 8-) Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope 35 Nope Nope

No "hot water", just an exuberant discussion among friends.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering about font color changes, when you select a font color, you can always change the color code to correspond to any color on the color chart.

For example,

We have, black with code #000000
We have, blue with code #0000FF
We have, orange with code #FFA500

And so forth. Our chart has all these on it if you can pick through them, but I use a chart from:

http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
or http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html

There are other charts in the Net if you search for them.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
P5se Camelback Wrote:

The problem with the yellow is that when you "Quote" or use one of the other color arrangements, i.e. "Whatever Silver," it doesn't show up as readable.

So just use the standard trick for hard to read contrasts on a website - use your mouse to highlight the text (hold down select button on mouse and drag mouse pointer over text).

Will tend to give the selected text both a new background color and a new text color, selected - presumably by your web browser - to give a pretty decent contrast).

Examples using Firefox as my browser

Text 1 (red links on dark blue) normal:
[Image: before_01.jpg]

Text selected using mouse:
[Image: after_01.jpg]

Text2 (yellow on blue, quoted so you get yellow on white):
[Image: before_02.jpg]

Text selected using mouse:
[Image: after_02.jpg]

Smile,
Stein
I used to have a professor that hated when graphs or reports were printed with colored text or colored lines. Reason being that as soon as the report was photocopied, the color disappears. If it appears on the photocopy at all, the "colors" all look the same. Imagine a graph with three line series each with a different color so that you can tell them apart. Now photocopy that graph, and the information becomes useless - you can't tell which series is which. My point is - I really don't see any reason to add color to my text on this forum. I don't see where it adds anything. I let it stay the default color.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->