Highlighting colours when editing...
I've noticed lately that when editing my posts, either during composition or after posting, using the cursor to highlight a line of text (to copy or erase it) no longer changes the background colour, making it very difficult to see. I'm using the "Gauge Dark" style. Is this the result of a change here, or have I accidently changed a setting on my computer?

Wayne
I don't know what that is all about Wayne. I'm working on this post and I can highlight a section of text and it changes to blue text on white in the highlighted area. Could it be something you did in your browser? This is not something that an individual can change. BTW, I'm also using "Gauge dark" style.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Oddly enough, I can get the same effect of blue text on white in either your post above, or in my original one as posted. It's only in the edit or composition modes that it's not available. What I see is simply white text on a very slightly different shade of the regular blue background. :?

Wayne
When I work in the "Post a Reply" window, or the edit window of a previous post, my highlighting keeps the text white and highlights by changing the background to light purple from blue. I am also using "TheGaugeDark" colour preference.

It may therefore be a browser setting. I am using Safari 4.0 on a Mac Powerbook G4 running OSX 10.4.

Andrew
doctorwayne Wrote:Oddly enough, I can get the same effect of blue text on white in either your post above, or in my original one as posted. It's only in the edit or composition modes that it's not available. What I see is simply white text on a very slightly different shade of the regular blue background. :?

Wayne
The background color seems to be consistent on my composition window. Again, it may be unique to your browser. Which one are you using? I use Firefox, but I could check it out in IE or Opera just to see what happens.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I'm also using Firefox, Don. I just tried it on IE, and everything works as it should, complete with the white highlighting. Obviously, I've inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, but I don't have a clue where to look. 35 35

Since this isn't a problem within Big Blue, I'll just have to get used to it. Misngth

Wayne