Nachoman 2010 bash challenge - passenger car
Sumpter250 Wrote:Got it!, and it's the same issue that has the narrow gauge drop bottom gondola!
I was thinking of doing a couple of those in On30, so maybe, rather than scratch build,
I might bash a Bachmann On30 coach. Wink Smile Big Grin

And Ralph's GP B unit is in there, too! I seem to find more interest in those ancient issues of MR than the current ones.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Quote:I seem to find more interest in those ancient issues of MR than the current ones.

Cheers Cheers

It's nice to know we can turn to these oldies but goodies, even as the scope of the hobby changes before our eyes. I still think this sort of contest/challenge is a good way to develop skills for modeling long after the disposable income is gone (in the days ahead) but I'm also glad the hobby has advanced in the areas of DCC control, sound equipped locos, etc. The 'whistles and bells' are great, but knowing how to spruce up aging or sub-par rolling stock will never go out of style.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
I have pretty much the same project ahead of me.I will be using the Bachmann 0n30 cars and stretchng them from 35 to 50 feet to simulate Maine 2' gauge cars.I can only hope to get them looking half as nice as this HO car.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Really nice job!!! That's some great work. Well Done!!! Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Catt Wrote:I have pretty much the same project ahead of me.I will be using the Bachmann 0n30 cars and stretchng them from 35 to 50 feet to simulate Maine 2' gauge cars.I can only hope to get them looking half as nice as this HO car.

It's been a while. I'm looking forward to see that project underway. Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!