The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 706
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 664
N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 664
w8jy -------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 623
Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 623
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 541
eightyeightfan184 ---------------- Eightyeightfan1 ------- 0
puddlejumper's racing ----------- Puddlejumper --------- 0

Remember - if you want to see your overall positions, you have to go look at the league page - these are only the positions for this week.

Texas Motor Speedway is next on Sunday at 3:00 EST.... Only 3 races left...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Week 34

Moved up
Moved Down
Stayed in same spot

The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 774
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 773
w8jy -------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 706
N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 623
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 618
Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 541

Remember - if you want to see your overall positions, you have to go look at the league page - these are only the positions for this week.

Phoenix International Speedway and the Kobalt Tools 500 is next on Sunday at 3:00 EST.... Coming down to the wire now....only 2 races left...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Someone tell that Busch guy that the only "bird" that should be seen is the Flyover
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

And Then there's this... Truly an end of an era for racing...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/mr-goodwrench-gets-a-pink-slip.html">http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/mr- ... -slip.html</a><!-- m -->

Earnhardt Sr. drove the car with Goodwrench on it for a long time.... Very sad to see it go...

And this kind of puts the kibosh on Jr ever driving a copy of the "Black number 3"......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Saw that on the NBC news tonight. They even mentioned Dale Sr. in the report.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Saw that on the NBC news tonight. They even mentioned Dale Sr. in the report.

I heard this morning - "The 3 Car" and him were the first things that went through my mind... Talk about being true to the sponsors Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Week 35

Moved up
Moved Down
Stayed in same spot

The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 789
w8jy -------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 746
N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 732
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 725
Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 726
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 718

Well, We started out in February, 9 months ago... Some of us wondered if Jimmy Johnson would actually clinch his 5th consecutive Winst... err Next... uhhh Sprint cup! (Yeah that's it) Smile Smile

We have 400 miles to go, to see if he can "pass" Denny Hamlin and get it. It's been a great season and I'm sorry to see it end.

We're off to Homestead Miami and the Ford 400, to crown a champion team and driver. It's the last time we'll see NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing this year... and like every other year, I'm guessing things will be changing again in 2011..... The Frances have already commented that "The Chase" will be different next year.. We'll see.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hi Mikey:
Thanks again for keeping us all up to date on the stats.
I am kind of happy that I have a 608 point lead in the overall standings.......so I think I can really relax and enjoy the race this weekend.
It should be a shootout of there ever was one.......I just hope there isn't some whacky accident or some non contender does something stupid to take out one of the top three.
Johnson has been my driver for the past few years, so I do have to hope he can pull it off somehow. I know people don't like a dynasty, but you do have to respect what they have
been able to do the past four and almost five racing seasons.
Thanks again, and I will look for your invite for the 2011 season in January.
Have a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
I will be heading to the Prototype Rails Convention at Cocoa Beach, FL from January 6-9. It is a pretty good convention with great clinics...well worth the trip if someone is in
the area.
dwight77
I was thing that during the race last week, hope there isn't any "Bad" accidents that affect the Chase.... Just have to wait and see....

Yeah, Lord willing, we'll start again in late January Smile Smile Smile I always like doing this - it's a lot of fun!! And Sarge even set the league up this year Smile Smile

I have one last update next week.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I didnt win the day, but I won the overall.
And J Johnson won the overall for the fifth year in a row.
I don't care who your favorite driver is, or who your favorite college team, baseball team, pro team or what ever is,...you do have to admire
the Johnson/Knaus team and what they have done for the past five years....
Sorta like having a sound decoder that blows your socks off when you hear that diesel or steam sound coming around the track........... Cheers
dwight77
Week 36

Moved up
Moved Down
Stayed in same spot

w8jy -------------------------------- W8JY ------------------- 707
cabforward 77 -------------------- Dwight77 -------------- 676
The Gem Doctor ----------------- Lightbender ------------ 652
Sarge Racing ---------------------- Sarge ------------------- 620
Jesso ------------------------------ Jesso -------------------- 609
N-Gauger -------------------------- N gauger --------------- 608

Everyone -

Thank you for playing!!! Thanks for putting up with the forum (This thread and the fantasy site Smile Smile Smile ) issues as we learned how to play.

Have a Great Thanksgiving and we'll play again in February Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hi All:
Are we getting close to starting another league this year?
dwight77
dwight77 Wrote:Hi All:
Are we getting close to starting another league this year?
dwight77
Already waiting for the new season to start... ESPN hasn't posted anything yet....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I'm out. If anyone in a non-Hendricks car wins this year, maybe I'll reconsider for 2012. Just tired of watching Jimmy Johnson... there are other drivers on the track but the camera is always on the leader, the leader is always JJ, hey, here's an idea, take apart his car before every race and measure every component, because SOMETHING is not right.

I'm not just being a sore loser or a poor sport either. I don't think my driver should win every race, I just think JJ shouldn't win so many of them. He is
NOT that much better of a driver than the others, it HAS to be the car.
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:I'm out. If anyone in a non-Hendricks car wins this year, maybe I'll reconsider for 2012. Just tired of watching Jimmy Johnson... there are other drivers on the track but the camera is always on the leader, the leader is always JJ, hey, here's an idea, take apart his car before every race and measure every component, because SOMETHING is not right.

I'm not just being a sore loser or a poor sport either. I don't think my driver should win every race, I just think JJ shouldn't win so many of them. He is
NOT that much better of a driver than the others, it HAS to be the car.

Yup - that can be debated forever. Sad Sorry to see you take a break from racing, a lot of other fans feel the same way too.

The same things can be said for Earnhardt Sr., Jeff Gordon and a slew of others. Nothing is ever found wrong with the cars either. Remember that the first car out of the race, picks a number from 1 - 43. Whichever car finishes in "that place" and the winner's cars are both stripped completely down and inspected after the race. This virtualy eliminates rule bending because you never know what place you'll finish in and if it'll be your car taken down. Points mean a lot now - too much to risk over one race.

The oddsmakers are all saying it's gonna be one of the young bucks this year, not JJ.... We'll have to see.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:Sorry to see you take a break from racing, a lot of other fans feel the same way too.

Indeed. Something that I think NASCAR needs to address. A lot of fans are no longer spending Sunday watching the race.

Quote:The same things can be said for Earnhardt Sr., Jeff Gordon and a slew of others.
Not to this extent. JJ is only 5 time champion, next year he will be the only 6 time champion.

Quote:Nothing is ever found wrong with the cars either. Remember that the first car out of the race, picks a number from 1 - 43. Whichever car finishes in "that place" and the winner's cars are both stripped completely down and inspected after the race. This virtualy eliminates rule bending because you never know what place you'll finish in and if it'll be your car taken down. Points mean a lot now - too much to risk over one race.

I didn't know that. It still doesn't convince me there is no cheating going on. especially after all those penalties were assessed during recent seasons for alleged rules infractions.

Quote: The oddsmakers are all saying it's gonna be one of the young bucks this year, not JJ.... We'll have to see.....

I sure hope so. I used to really love watching the races. I hope NASCAR is able to make itself interesting for people to watch again.
Dave
-Dave