doctorwayne's All-Beef Spring Bash Challenge...
Nicely done.
Thanks, guys. Goldth

For Kevin, who asked, and anyone else who may be interested, here's a little info about Making and using simple jigs.

Wayne
Thumbsup
Lettering is done, but Dullcoting will have to wait until next week, when the locos get clear-coated.
[Image: Kitbashingprojects19.jpg]

[Image: Kitbashingprojects20.jpg]

Wayne
That's a sweet looking pair of stock cars! Thumbsup Worship Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks, Pete, but I'm still not sure if it qualifies as a kitbash, as there's only one kit involved. Misngth

I have to admit to using the challenge as an excuse to build these two cars - at three bucks apiece, I couldn't pass them up, even though I already have a similar one in service:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews0139.jpg]

Just to cover my chair-muscles on the legitimacy of this as a kitbash, though, I'm starting a caboose project as a challenge, too. Of course, that one is simply a precursor to a parts-built caboose, or rather a fleet of them. The latter would definitely be considered a kitbash, although I doubt my ability to finish them within the alloted time.

Wayne
[quote="doctorwayne"]Lettering is done, but Dullcoting will have to wait until next week, when the locos get clear-coated.

As good as these cars look,I'm hoping you'll be posting some photos of those locos when they're completed :hey:
cn nutbar Wrote:As good as these cars look,I'm hoping you'll be posting some photos of those locos when they're completed :hey:

Thanks, Ed, but I'd have to seek permission from the locos' owners before posting pictures: I always feel that the owner should be the first one to see them when they're completed and the first one to post photos, too. I don't mind then, with permission, adding a few views or even some "in-progress" shots. Wink Goldth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Thanks, Pete, but I'm still not sure if it qualifies as a kitbash, as there's only one kit involved.

Didn't you mix the parts from the two kits together? Misngth
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:Thanks, Pete, but I'm still not sure if it qualifies as a kitbash, as there's only one kit involved.

Didn't you mix the parts from the two kits together? Misngth

Dang! I shoulda thunka that! Misngth Misngth ....Er, I mean, why, yes, I did mix them together. Yeah, that's it: totally mixed. Wink Goldth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:
Gary S Wrote:Didn't you mix the parts from the two kits together? Misngth

Dang! I shoulda thunka that! Misngth Misngth ....Er, I mean, why, yes, I did mix them together. Yeah, that's it: totally mixed. Wink Goldth
Wayne

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The two mixed-up stock cars are now in service, both weathered a little more heavily than sister 1306:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects21.jpg]

[Image: Kitbashingprojects22.jpg]

Wayne