The Latest New Product From GERN...
I recently received this press release from the offices of GERN CEO Charles "Cookie" Gibson:

Hello Flux Fans and Greetings From GERN

For Immediate Release:

GERN Corporation is pleased to announce a new addition to the GERN family of fine
products: New FluxKote Rail Dressing, now available in Roll-on. Goes on Smooth and
Hangs on Tight!

In completely independent and unbiased, arms-length testing, GERN Scientists found
FluxKote to be 3% less bubbly than other brands. And, rolling stock rolled .72% more
smoothly! That means less bruising when shipping soft metals, cheese and delicate
undergarments.

Discerning railway magnates agree... It just has to be FluxKote Rail Dressing!

Yours etc.

Cookie Gibson

Shortly thereafter, I received this correction:

A GERN Press Release was inadvertently sent out in which the posterior idler arm on
the roller lift cage mechanism was shown if the gone or missing condition. FluxKote
roller spindles cannot be operated with the arm in the gone position. For safe
operation in either the apply or lift mode please ensure that the idler arm is in the
not gone position and securely fastened with the appropriate Dressler Nut (#12), an
inside banjo bolt, or a ukelele pin (flux dipped finish).

We regret any inconvenience or injuries to live stock which may have resulted.

Cookie Gibson

...followed by this:

We regret the spellling errors in are prevous correction. It hsould have read:
Correction
A GERN Press Release was inadvertently sent out in which the posterior idler arm on the roller lift cage mechanism was shown in the gone or missing condition. FluxKote roller spindles cannot be operated with the arm in the gone position. For safe operation in either the apply or lift mode please ensure that the idler arm is in the not gone position and is securely fastened with the appropriate Dressler Nut (#12), an inside banjo bolt, or a ukelele pin (flux dipped finish).
We regret any inconvenience or injuries to live stock which may have resulted.
Cookie Gibson

Regardless, here's the accompanying advertisement:

Copies of this ad have been forwarded to all Divisions, world-wide, of GERN.

Wayne
Worship :mrgreen: Big Grin Goldth Misngth Worship :mrgreen: Big Grin Goldth Misngth
Worship :mrgreen: Big Grin Goldth Misngth Worship :mrgreen: Big Grin Goldth Misngth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
"Steamish or dieselly----trains roll more easily"

Icon_lol Icon_lol

.....and I suppose interurbans do... "the electric slide"???? Wink Wink 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Icon_lol
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
Okay. That last bit made my head hurt.

Sumpter250 Wrote:"Steamish or dieselly----trains roll more easily"

Icon_lol Icon_lol

.....and I suppose interurbans do... "the electric slide"???? Wink Wink 357

Electrically, they probably operate more eclectically. Big Grin
BRILLIANT!!! I"LL GET SOME NEXT WEEK.
CHARLIE
I only have one question Doc. Has GERN tested it against this problem? Eek <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFKc7NfTabw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFKc7NfTabw</a><!-- m -->
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
That's wonderful Wayne! The ad is priceless! I especially love the copy with the use of the word "Dieselly" and the graphic illustrating the undesirable beading on the rails compared to the smooth surface Fluxkote offers! Thumbsup
Ralph
Great stuff---send me a couple of tank cars
This is somewhat reminiscent of the conversation, some years ago, about.......

.....The "BOX" :o

It brings back memories of Tyson Rayles, Kettlestack, and others.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:This is somewhat reminiscent of the conversation, some years ago, about.......

.....The "BOX" :o
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

It brings back memories of Tyson Rayles, Kettlestack, and others.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Always a good memory too!!!!!

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo It's BACK!!!!!!!

Not "the crate"!!! NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I still have mine Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
If you wanna ship a box, why not order a case of....

Misngth Misngth Misngth

Wayne
I have such sick friends Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Charlie
Doc,I think you've got far too much free time on your hands---kind of reminds me of what happened to Jack Nicholson in the movie "The Shining"---Here's Wayne Confusedtooges: