Charlie b's layout
I am surprised to see they have a web site  Here is the building http://www.cityclassics.biz/penn.html
Charlie
(02-05-2019, 10:08 PM)Charlie B Wrote: I am surprised to see they have a web site  Here is the building http://www.cityclassics.biz/penn.html
Charlie

Charlie, if I'm not mistaken, the owner is sometimes active on the MR Forums.

EDIT:  I just checked, and he's using the screen name ctyclsscs and signs his posts as Jim S

Wayne
A little action on the hill today      Charlie
Always a treat to catch the action on the Wilderson Division---thanks for sharing Charlie
(02-17-2019, 07:43 PM)Charlie B Wrote: A little action on the hill today Charlie

Obviously, the Pennsy's definition of "a little action" differs somewhat from that of lesser roads!

Nice shot! Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Wayne
Great shot! Hard to believe the Pennsy is but a small piece of the mighty CSX and NS of today.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
My next project is a small one and it won't be anything that relates to the PRR, but it does relate to me and many fond memories of fishing trips to Canada. We always went to Innisville Ontario to fish the Mississippi River and Lake there. There were years we went 4 times. 
One of our many friends fathers owned the General store which was on Rte 7 at the time. (Rte 7 was rerouted and now the old bridge has been removed so this area is a dead end now). 
Anyhow, we have reconnected with the gal that's father owned the store and she sent me a picture of it and I decided I had to have a model on my layout just for old times sake. 
The picture was taken about 1957 and I emailed her about the colors of the trim and colorized a portion so I would have something to go by. She said the colors are spot on, though after 60 years I guess you could get away with most any colors. 
So in honor of friends from Canada, both old and new it will have it's place .       Charlie
Looks like a neat project, Charlie.  That's from the days when we still had Elm trees up here, as you can see to the right of the store.

Wayne
That's going to be fun Charlie, great choice for a project
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thumbsup  Neat project!
Mike

I'm not much of a writer but I did get started on the little building today. I made some changes , but not noticable especially since there won't be a prototype picture placed nearby. I made the rear of the store a little lower so, depending on where I locate it it won't obscure whats behind as much. 

Several years ago I bought 2 boxes of Tichy doors and windows, and about the same time I got a collection of stuff from a craigslist ad and there were several hundred Grant line windows in that lot but of course there were the 3 windows in front that don't match what I had so I did a little trimming to get close. I got the windows installed and glued he 4 sides together and having learned the best thing is to walk away and let the molecules firmly set I called it quits for tonight.                              Charlie
Charlie: My father was principal of the Perth Collegiate at that time. The head of the school board had a farm in Innisville -- before the river, last one on the right -- so I was out there a few times.
At that time, Hwy 7 ended at Perth. Hwy 15 came from Smiths Falls, through Perth, then out to Carleton Place and Ottawa. After we left Hwy 7 took over the road to Ottawa and 15 ran straight from Smiths Falls to Carleton Place.
There is a big new bridge across the Mississippi now.

(For anyone else, do not confuse Innisville with Innisfil.)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(03-05-2019, 09:32 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie: My father was principal of the Perth Collegiate at that time. The head of the school board had a farm in Innisville -- before the river, last one on the right -- so I was out there a few times.
At that time, Hwy 7 ended at Perth. Hwy 15 came from Smiths Falls, through Perth, then out to Carleton Place and Ottawa. After we left Hwy 7 took over the road to Ottawa and 15 ran straight from Smiths Falls to Carleton Place.
There is a big new bridge across the Mississippi now.

(For anyone else, do not confuse Innisville with Innisfil.)

My first trip was in 1959 and the road did go on through, though I don't know when they changed the route. I have been there many time since the new highway was done but I haven't been there since 1981. My brother and the rest of the gang still go but they have to stay at the other end of the lake at Carelton Place. My brother tries to get reservations at McColoughs landing but isn't all ways successful.  We have a bunch of movies but nothing but a bunch of kids having a good time and pictures of the great catches of small mouth and pickerel. 
I do hope I can get back far a couple weeks some time just to fish and enjoy the memories. Many of the friends we made are now dead. 
Thanks for the information. 
Charlie
Looking good!
Mike

That is neat. I like the look of that building. The model is coming along nicely too!