Action at the roundhouse
Hello again---CNR E-10-A #81 on the turntable at Lowbanks

[Image: 260406066.jpg]
Something different

[Image: P1060900.jpg]
Hello---CNR S-1-B Mike #3254 under the coaling tower at Lowbanks

[Image: P1060957-1.jpg]
I don't know what it is Mr. Nutbar ... but there's somethin' almost cute about Moguls!

Don'cha Think?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Hello Everyone---with a busy interchange with the Canadian National,the EG&E has it's own facilities at the other end of town

[Image: P1070036.jpg]
I always did like the Grand Valley diesels. Thumbsup
Hello again---EG&E Warrior class Northern #506 sits on the ready track prior to her return to her return trip to Lowbanks

[Image: P1070054.jpg]

Often,heavy trains require helper engines.It makes for great photo sessions especially when Grand Valley diesels are seen with #506

[Image: P1070058.jpg]
Hold for a second while I clean the drool off my keyboard....
OK...done... Goldth

I must correct myself on a comment I made regarding Models of 1900's gondola. Dr. W.'s modeling is definitely on a par as that exhibited by Bernhard.
Two modelers definitely out of this world..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Hello---here's some typical motive power for EG&E passenger trains

[Image: P1070093.jpg]

Most passenger trains are well patronized by the city folk who love to get away for the weekend to Lowbanks and the shores of Lake Erie for both fishing and swimming.As well,there's always extra head-end equipment including express reefers full of Lake Erie perch added to the consist.Usually a Canadian National RS-18 will be added to help pull all those heavy-weight passenger coaches

[Image: P10700942.jpg]
Hello Everyone---Canadian National power is often seen at the EG&E facility

[Image: P1070109-1.jpg]

[Image: P1070098.jpg]
P5se Camelback Wrote:I don't know what it is Mr. Nutbar ... but there's somethin' almost cute about Moguls!

Don'cha Think?

Absolutely. Although maybe cute is not quite the right word...! Wink

CNR used Moguls on branchlines right to the end of steam (1959-60 in southern Ontario). Apparently they had good tractive effort for their size which is why they were kept along side the other bigger and newer engines that survived to the end.

Andrew
CNR used Moguls on branchlines right to the end of steam (1959-60 in southern Ontario). Apparently they had good tractive effort for their size which is why they were kept along side the other bigger and newer engines that survived to the end.

Andrew[/quote]

Hi Andrew---another reason the Moguls lasted until the end of the steam era was due to bridge weight restrictions.Hamilton was home to a number of Moguls for the Hagersville and Dunnville subdivision.The bridge over the Grand River at Caledonia is an example where weight restrictions made these locomotives ideal for this job.The last Mogul in Hamilton was #83 which was removed from service at the end of 1958.Here's #81 again seen at Lowbanks.

[Image: 260406003.jpg]
Thanks. That makes sense. I really like the 6-drivered locos although the Mogul is one I don't have on my roster (yet) Wink

#86 features prominently in Ian Wilson's Steam Over Palmerston.
Andrew
* Here A CN Pacific 1542 takes a ride on the Frankford turntable. It is a Pennsylvania Great Western locomotive.

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Toptrain---thank you for posting the photos of your roundhouse and locomotives---it's always a treat when other members post shots of their facilities.Actually I think your Pacific is a Canadian Pacific locomotive as the recessed headlight was a distinguishing feature on many of their steam roster