Action at the roundhouse
Hello Mr Nutbar.
frank here. I wasn't sure about the road but when I seen you were a CN person I put it in hoping it would be right. It is a stock triang locomotive. I have another Triang. It is number 2335. The same loco but with a wide vision tender. Another North of the border prototype. If you want I'll post a photo of that also. Most everything else I have is PRR and CNJ with a few other North east roads in steam and diesel. I have some other triang nad Honby trains also. Many recient aquisitions from trades they a friendly fellow from south of London.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Here a N&W J enters the turntable at Frankford

This is a reworked Bachman. It has been repowered with a Bowser drive.

frank
A group of pacifics, All Triang, awaite access for a TT ride o a storage track at the Frankford Round House.
Transcontinetal, Princess Royal, Princess Elizabeth, Princess Victoria.
Frank

Frank: a lot of familiar locos in that shot. And who's hiding behind the water tower?
For a note, the transcontinental pacific looks more like a CPR than CNR. It was also unfortunate when they decided to replace the trucked tender (which looks very CPR to me) with the Gresley 4 axle one.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Here's a little late night action at the Wilderson engine house    
Charlie
Charlie---that's a beautiful night scene,very realistic Thumbsup Here's some more action at Lowbanks on Doctor Wayne's EG&E

[Image: P1060427-1.jpg]
BR60103 Wrote:Frank: a lot of familiar locos in that shot. And who's hiding behind the water tower?
For a note, the transcontinental pacific looks more like a CPR than CNR. It was also unfortunate when they decided to replace the trucked tender (which looks very CPR to me) with the Gresley 4 axle one.

David ; Behind the water tank is a A4, The Mallard.
frank
Hello Everyone---here's CNR U-3-A Northern #6309

[Image: P1070347.jpg]
Hello Everyone---EG&E Consolidation #24

[Image: P10704103.jpg]
Hello again---another Consolidation,this time Canadian National #2747

[Image: P1070430.jpg]

[Image: P1070445.jpg]
Fantastic stuff as always...! Just been reading Ian Wilson's Steam... books again, and was sorely tempted by a CPR book that featured the end of steam at CPR Ottawa West, about 20 minutes from where I live now. Similar to Ian's books, but focussed on the yard and maintenance.

I saw the book at the local CARM convention that is on this weekend here in Ottawa. I spent some time at the club display layout, and talked with a couple of people about steam era trains. Lots of blank looks about steam engines, mixed trains, and other things long gone from the everyday... Sad

Modelling seems to keep the memories alive... even if they weren't my memories to begin with... Wink Nice work Ed! Thumbsup

Andrew
Modelling seems to keep the memories alive

Andrew[/quote]

Thanks Andrew---your comments are very much appreciated.Modelling certainly does keep the memories alive.My father,who passed away many years ago,was a locomotive engineer on the Canadian National Railway.I truely believe my interest in model railroading was inspired by his memory---when I look at my locomotive collection I can't help but thinking these were the steam engines that he actually operated.
cn nutbar Wrote:Hello Everyone---Apart from taking pictures on Doctor Wayne's EG@E,another favourite spot for taking pictures is down at the local roundhouse.Here's a few photos showing the daily activity
[Image: 4300h020.jpg]

I'm real late to the game, but this photo deserves comment on a specific weathering detail - the radial streaking of grime / grease from hub to rim. Well done!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Hello Matt---as usual,I can't take any credit for the weathering on 6060---the locomotive was custom painted when I purchased it.Here's another shot of #2747 showing the fireman's side.This locomotive and the EG&E Consolidation #24 were about even as far as their tractive effort but the Elesco feedwater system on the CNR locomotive gave it a more powerful appearance

[Image: P10704622.jpg]
Hello Everyone---diesels are becoming a common occurence where steam once ruled

[Image: P1070491.jpg]