Action at the roundhouse
cn nutbar Wrote:Hello Everyone---diesels are becoming a common occurence where steam once ruled...

NNNNNnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo! Nope Nope

Wink

I have been (re)reading some of Ian Wilson's books and this aspect of his writing is starting to get me down a little. The text focuses on operations as they were in 1954, which is 5 years or so ahead of the end of steam for CNR. However, his photos are almost all from 1958, which is really only months away from the end, and the accompanying captions can be downright depressing. E.g. #1234 is running on a flue extension and will be scrapped before the end of the month; or #4321 and her crew will be claimed in an accident 2 months hence. Sad Nope

So please - - no more powered box cars! Big Grin Icon_lol

Andrew
Hello Andrew---hopefully this photo will raise your spirits.This locomotive was spared the scrapper's torch and can be seen today on display in Guelph Ontario

[Image: P10704792.jpg]
Thanks! That's a great looking loco - the way they should be Wink Icon_lol

Andrew
My story on 6167:
I went with a friend's family to Stratford one day. While his mother and sister went to the theatre, he, his father and I wandered down to the tracks. We got to the shops which were nearly deserted but were invited in and 6167 was sitting there being refurbished. I forget if she was up on the crane or not. None of my pictures came out because I didn't have any flashbulbs with me for my Starflash.
This was probably around 1962 as my friend started driving himself the next year.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
With the engine terminal at Riegelsville coming together, some of the steamers are showing up to get turned for there next assignments..     Here USRA heavy mountain #856 is about to enter the main round house for inspection as M1a #746 ,A heavy home built mike, waits for the turntable to clear.

With 746 pulling onto the turntable, CNJ #454 prepares to take water as spartan class 2-8-0 is spotted under the coal dock.

Now that her inspection is complete, 4-8-2 #856 is getting turned to head east to Bergen point with a load of freight on the hook. These locos are the only steamers that are not anthracite burners, The USRA assigned them to the ANNA at the beginning on the great War to speed up freight service because the line was very top heavy with drag engines. Still on the line in the mid 40's they are equipped with a PRR compatible train phone for use on the North east corridor where we have trackage rights.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Hello---there's always a variety of equipment at the roundhouse---here's a Jordan spreader

[Image: P1070883.jpg]
Buisness car #44 was a frequent visitor at the roundhouse.This car was used by the district superintendent during his regular visits
throughout the Leetown Division

[Image: P1070894.jpg]
A trio of Mikes appear eager to get going

[Image: P1070929.jpg]
Hello---here's some shots taken at the Lowbanks terminal on Doctor Wayne's EG&E

[Image: P1080150.jpg]

[Image: P1080151.jpg]
e-paw Wrote:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] With 746 pulling onto the turntable, CNJ #454 prepares to take water as spartan class 2-8-0 is spotted under the coal dock.

That's a great photo I missed before!

Has a very realistic look to it - blown out (overexposed) background as the photographer tries to get the proper exposure ona a black loco in the shade of the coaling tower. Very cool! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Andrew
Hello Everyone---diesels and steam locomotives share the facilities at Leetown Junction

[Image: P1080328-1.jpg]
Hello again---Canadian National 0-6-0 #7456 rests after completing her switching assignments in the yard and the local industrial spurs in Leetown

[Image: P1080424.jpg]
Hello again---the main roundhouse at Leetown is another great spot to watch trains.As a Canadian National Mike departs on the outbound lead an Elora Gorge Consolidation takes her spot on the turntable

[Image: P10804443.jpg]
Hello Everyone---with an interchange with the EG&E as part of the Leetown Division it's a daily occurence to see both Grand Valley and Elora Gorge and Eastern motive power down at the yard.Here's a pair of Grand Valley SW 1200's and their van which have just brought in a freight train which can be seen in the background.They won't be in town very long and after a quick service and refuelling ,they'll head back home later this afternoon with a return freight.

[Image: P1080440.jpg]
Hello again---I hope I haven't worn out my welcome by posting another shot on the turntable

[Image: P10804752.jpg]