Scale Boat Fenders.
Sumpter250 Wrote:Here is the modified Lindberg "Coast Guard" tug:...)

You are aware that you do dramatically increase my pain having no harbor on my layout, aren't you?
I grow up in Hamburg close to the harbor. Have been there thousand times dreaming with my best friend to stow away to SF. Usually ending up with some "borrowed" oranges...
The problem is the size of all and everything at a seaport is totally out of proportion for my layout space. Might be I find a way to have a (very) small fraction of a pier for deepsea vessel. Need something to dream about for my next layout.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:Here is the modified Lindberg "Coast Guard" tug:...)

You are aware that you do dramatically increase my pain having no harbor on my layout, aren't you?
I grow up in Hamburg close to the harbor. Have been there thousand times dreaming with my best friend to stow away to SF. Usually ending up with some "borrowed" oranges...
The problem is the size of all and everything at a seaport is totally out of proportion for my layout space. Might be I find a way to have a (very) small fraction of a pier for deepsea vessel. Need something to dream about for my next layout.
Reinhard,
In a way, I feel your pain :o The harbor scene on my old modules is 24" X 24". and what you see is all the ships that will fit.

The substantially larger waterfront area of the new modules, has no place for the freighter, or the tugs. That space is for sailing vessels. The one compensation is, I can swap out different ships on the old modules. Big Grin
This scene, the sailboat, and the two power boats and the small building occupies a 7" wide X 15" long space.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!