1:160 Military Vehicle Sale for flatbed loads
Hey Guys...

Just came home from my local Target and found a bargain I'd like to pass along........

Target is selling on clearance their entire collection of "Forces of Valor - Macho Machines" military vehicles for just over $2, which is about $1 off their normal price. The M1126 Stryker ICV is almost a perfect 1:160 scale vehicle and fits on most flatbed cars. I've built some "test" loads of two Stryker vehicles on a standard 53' Athearn flatbed and they look great. The wheels of the vehicle don't turn, which in this case is a good thing, since it keeps them firmly in place on the flatbed with the help of a tiny amount of double stick tape.

They also have several M1A1 Abrams tanks in desert colors that are slightly larger than 1:160, but not by much, and also make a good looking load on a flatbed car. They too are on sale.

Both vehicles are very nicely detailed, and for this price, you'd be hard pressed to find better.

Get 'em now before they're gone.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Cool.....
When I was into N scale(Quite a few years ago), I picked up some Micro Machine Armored vehicles. The set came with an M-1 Abrahms, M-2 Bardley, M-118 tracked recovery vehicle, a LACV, and a 155mm towed howitzer. (This was back in the '90's)They were'nt painted protypically(Wild greens, reds and yellows in camo pattern), but a couple coats of Testors Forest Green took care of that. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll post some pics.(There maybe some in the "Vehicles" thread), They weren't really all scaled, but sure looked good on flat cars and TTX Piggybacks.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
pictures, pictures!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
These particular items look more realistic than the Micro Machines of years back. They did a good job of adding some detailing without going overboard and too "toy" looking. Although the Stryker is almost dead-on 1:160, the Abrams is ever so slightly larger than 1:160, but not enough to really notice.

If I can (which means have the time and finally figure out how to rescale pictures on my iMac then upload them) I'll post some pictures.
Mark

--and--
Here's mine. Suprisingly enough, I still have them, even though I switched to HO years ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Hey...wait a minute...those look way better than the Micro Machines I was thinking about. The ones my boys had looked more like toys than the real thing, maybe I'm confusing their Micro Machines with another manufacturer. Those look great painted green eightyeightfan1...very nice job! I'd say the ones I saw at Target look as well detailed as those, with the same level of detailing.
Mark

--and--