Older railfan pics.
I was going through some of my older train pics and came across a few that I felt were interesting enough to post. All the pics here are at least 10 years old and of various topics. First off is a remote controlled EMD switched. I believe I took it in a scrap yard in central Jersey

This is a view from the front window of a east bound PATH train leaving Newark NJ just before it reaches Jersey city. Off in the distance is New York City with the trade center still standing tall. The crocked angle of the shot is testament to the rough ride of these subway cars.

This one is the CNJ's eastern terminal in Jersey city as seen from New York's Battery park.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
This shot of the BNSF units was taken from the NJ turnpike bridge. They are heading west crossing the Newark bay.    

I set the timer on the camera to get this one of myself aboard a caboose.    

I found this pair of former DL&W mu cars sitting on a siding, not to far from a campsite that I was staying at, when I decided to tack a walk down the tracks. They were in good overall shape minus a few broken windows and missing seats. A homeless man had moved in so I didn't stay long to get more pics.    
Here's the Long Island RR's yard in long Island city NY. Your looking west with Manhattan in the background.    

This was a near grade crossing accident near liberty state park in jersey city NJ. This was before the Conrail split with CSX and NS.    
A CR freight in Jersey city heading for the former NYC main that runs north along the west side of the Hudson river.    

I found this B&O hopper still in its original colors on the approach of the same bridge as the BNSF units in the other pic.    
Thanks for sharing these great pictures. Truly some irreplaceable photos here.
Charlie
Great stuff! Thanks for letting us take a look!
Ralph
I've got plenty more.

A few pics of the former NYC west side freight line.        
It's the black elevated bridge that runs through the buildings. That part of the line was powered by the NYC's famed Tri powered DES-3's

A westbound CR freight crossing the Newark bay.    
An east bound lash up of mixed owners on it's way into Bayonne NJ.    

A good size CR train runs north through Jersey City In the rain.    
CNJ's #1523 ( now owned by the anthracite railroad historical society ) visits The Black River and Western. If you put this picture in black & white It would be completely believable as authentic.    

Could that be a Conrail passenger train? 35    
Great shots Thumbsup Thanks for posting---hope there's more to come
e-paw ,

Nice shots, would you have anything from the NY Cross Harbor RR?

Bruce
Ask and you shall receive bdw9535. Cross harbor #59

I know I have more, and I'll post em when I find em. But for now here's a few from sister RR. PJRR        
Here are a few black & white shots of the cross harbor (former PRR) float bridges and lead in tracks from the early 90's    

you can really see the damage from the collapsed head house in this shot.    

This is looking west on the lead in's although I never saw auto racks on any of the barges they are staged at the foot of the car float.    
Thanks for the pics, NYCH did alot of street running in Brooklyn, any shots of that?

Bruce
uggh, that haze!!! 35

Great railroad subjects, though. Thumbsup
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->