Links in a post opeing in same/new window
Very happy with the new home but (now, you knew that was coming, didn't you?) is it possible to have posted links open in a new window rather than the existing window? I don't know if this is a forum setting or a posting setting (I haven't posted any links yet). Thanks.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
I think that's a browser setting

Which browser are you using?
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
RMweb has links opening in a new tab. Actually, due to a programming bug they open in 2 new tabs.
I now use a right-click and pick Open in new tab.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I'm using Firefox 3. I can right click as suggested. In some of the forums to which I belong (i.e. Zealot, Atlas, Railroad Line, Railroad Forum), clicking on a link will open in a new window. In other forums (Trains, Big Blue) clicking on a link opens it in the same window. At the Trains.com forum, the user can specify the action which will occur (not that it actually does).

The short version (from my perspective) appears that the froum software generally controls the action when a link is posted.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
I can see if there is some addon for this. I think it would be nice if it was a preference users could set in their control panel. Personally, I'm pretty accustomed to right clicking the link and telling it to open in new tab/window. I guess over the years I don't even bother seeing what the site will do.
I was just about to suggest this change as well. I don't think it is a browser specific function though, I think it is in the coding of the site/forum. But I for one am all for the links and images opening in a new window. Thumbsup
Don't see a setting for that.. You'll have to use your browser settings Sad

Unless Pat or Don know where there may be one...

i always right-click links and open them in a new tab Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???