scenic materials thanks to the DPW
Living up here New York State, anytime this state offers you something for free, you have to take it, right? 357 Where I live, in the lake effect snowbelt, our local highway Dept. of Public Works, deposits a "good" amout of sand and dirt to our roads. I know this because every spring I need to clean up about a couple of pails of this stuff in front of my house.

Looking closely at the mixture this year, I noticed it was a very good mixture of sand, stone and fine grain dirt. It looks like it would make some great ground cover for a layout. Has anyone ever tried this before? If not, I have a few pails of it in the garage. If I get some zip-lock bags, maybe I can sell this stuff. Thumbsup
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
Whether you use it, or sell it, I would highly recommend thoroughly washing it to remove any salt residue that is most probably all over it. Scenery product are a good thing, free scenery products are a really good thing ! Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!