Scratchbuilding How To Books?
Hi Matt! Glad you could join us! Welcome
Ralph
Welcome Matt L to Big Blue!!! Welcome

You have found the best model railroad site on the web! We are family here ... welcome to the family!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Great welcome! I am happy to be here.

Do I detect a hard coal fan in the group?

Matt
MattL Wrote: ... Do I detect a hard coal fan in the group? ...

Anthracite in the furnace = Heat in the home!

We love Wooten Fireboxes because we burn Anthracite ...
or ...
... We burn Anthracite, so we Love Wooten Fireboxes!

In upstate Pennsylvania Coal Country, we think it's best when it's hard ... Coal!
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
I am a happy West Coaster now, but learned to love trains growing up (although my kids claim that there is no actual proof that this ever happened) in the Scranton area. Still a lot of breakers, burning culm piles and other artifacts around back in the early 70's. Might be where I get my need to weather everyhing.

Matt
I have alluded before on this forum that I am a "P.K." * (or now that I've graduated college, a "T.O." **) Big Grin

My Dad's last church before he retired, in the late '80's, was that big stone church to your right (near U of Scranton) as you come in to Scranton on the Central Scranton Expressway (I think that's what it's called,) Elm Park United Methodist Church. It's a block east of the huge old Delaware Lackawanna & Western Station, which has been converted to a hotel and a restaurant, I am lead to understand. My daughter's mother and I flew back to Pennsylvania from California to get married there (by my Dad.) ***

Many of those culm piles are still smoldering. The fire that was burning/smoldering in the mine west of Wilkes Barre is still smoldering (or was a year or so ago) and has been since I was in high school (graduated in '65) down outside Philly.

The coming of Steamtown and its being named a National Park saved that town from collapse and oblivion! Wink

* = Preacher's Kid Big Grin
** = Theological Offspring (it sounds more educated 357 357 )
*** = It was on April 2 ... That should have been a clue, but I don't often catch clues unless they slap me in the face. Confusedhock: :oops: Icon_lol Nope
biL

Welcome to The Gauge, Matt. Welcome

Leon - has your original inquiry been satisfied?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!