HELP!!! I cannot post images to my posts
I am having problems trying to add pictures to my posts. I have read other threads in this forum from others with similiar problems. No luck. I am trying to upload images of picture of timetables and other related material that I want to sell, from my computer disc. Pitures were taken and transfered to my computer then stored on a disc. I want to add these photos to my posts but I have run into 2 problems.

First, I receive a message saying that my picture is "invalid"

Second, trying to add pitures to gallery, it says that my picture exceeds 2MB.

All I'm trying to do is add 1 picture at a time. Wallbang

Any other suggestions?
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
FedEx13 Wrote:I am having problems trying to add pictures to my posts. I have read other threads in this forum from others with similiar problems. No luck. I am trying to upload images of picture of timetables and other related material that I want to sell, from my computer disc. Pitures were taken and transfered to my computer then stored on a disc. I want to add these photos to my posts but I have run into 2 problems.

First, I receive a message saying that my picture is "invalid"

Second, trying to add pitures to gallery, it says that my picture exceeds 2MB.

All I'm trying to do is add 1 picture at a time. Wallbang

Any other suggestions?

Re: invalid -

What is the format you are trying to upload? Only certain types of files can be uploaded. Most commonly, jpg or jpeg is used. You may need to convert the file format to one that is allowed.

Re: size -

The file size is limited to about 250kB. You may need to resize the image, reduce the resolution/quality, or both to get below the limit.

If you are using Windows, the MS Office Picture Manager is capable of helping with both these tasks.

Andrew
a photo in excess of 2 mb is big. It not only takes up a lot of server space, but think about someone trying to view it, especially if they have a slow-speed connection. I try to limit my uploads to between 100-150K and pictures shouldn't be any larger than 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 pixels. Anything larger and some low resolution monitors will require scrolling to view them. In many cases, if you exceed these limits, a lot of people will just move on and you've defeated the purpose of uploading your work. And yes, the most common upload is .jpg. Most any photo editing program will allow you to change all these parameters and save your work in many different formats.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Another option would be to put your pictures into a free photobucket account. You can select the display size, but even large pictures will be automatically re-sized to display here.
After you put your pictures into photobucket, click on the thumbnail of the photo which you wish to use: an enlarged version of the picture will appear, along with a box beside it containing several lines of data. Click on the line of data entitled "IMG CODE" - this will automatically copy the data. You can then, in a separate window, use your "EDIT", "PASTE" buttons to place the photo in your composition window here - simply place your cursor where you want the photo to appear, and hit "PASTE". You can add as many photos as you wish, and intersperse them with text if you chose. Make sure to leave a space between photos, so that they're easier to view.

Wayne