Greetings!
Hi. I just joined today, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian, and I am modeling a modern (2009) logging railroad based out of the East Broad Top's Mt. Union Yard, running to the Riverview Industrial Park for a little extra income, and operating several areas where logging is an everyday thing. The line is currently under construction, and I have several projects underway, or waiting to become underway.

Here's a list of what's currently being worked on:
>Yard Office for the Remote rail yard and shops facility.
>Passenger Station for the same
>Mount Union Connecting Railroad Co.'s Plymouth MDT Diesel
>Roundhouse
>Water Tank
>Diesel Service Facility
>Sawmill #1
>Logging Flatcars

As you can see, I have quite a bit underway, and I will post up pictures of the stuff as it is convenient. I don't really have a track plan. I'm just playing this whole thing by ear.

The line is also centered around prototype operation, and will not allow for continuous operation.

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope to show you guys my work, someday.
Welcome Brian, looking forward to watching your progress. Sounds like you have a good plan in mind. We all like lots of pictures....none of us can read very well.... Icon_lol
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Welcome Brian.
It sounds like you have a great plan. I will look forward to the pictures.
Welcome.
Charlie
Glad you could join us Brian! Keep us up to date on all you have going on! Welcome
Ralph
Cheers Welcome Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Welcome Welcome and Happy Independence Day !!!

Am I safe in assuming that you're working in Narrow Gauge ?, or, because it's "modern" it will be all standard gauge. Either way, sounds interesting, and this is the place to share the fun.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
As a large portion of the Mt. Union Yard is Dual gauge(Both standard and narrow gauge), and the EBT is a Registered National Historic Landmark, I decided, instead, that I would model the line in dual gauge down from the yard into Aughwick Mills, leaving the rail marking 3' gauge covered over with heavy rust, as it hasn't been touched. Instead, there is a standard gauge rail place outside of the 3' gauge rail to form it into a dual gauge track. That way, no laws would be violated if we re-gauged the track to standard gauge. *Not sure if there are any laws like that, but there almost has to be a law like that somewhere*

In definite answer to your question, we are operating the standard gauge portion of dual gauge track.
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome

Sounds like a good thought out plan.

My track plan is a copy of an old 50's lionel store display, so therefore the toy look of it is prototypical Icon_lol I dabble a bit with On30 and S scale I have two scratch/kitbash projects going on in On30 and a long abandoned S scratchbuilt project to finnish up.

I collect and "play " with O and S gauge trains for the most part but want to do a Free-mo type modular layout in both On30 and S scale, although I collect Lionel and American Flyer I do have some scale detailed rolling stock as well.
Hello, Brian!! And a hearty "WELCOME!!!!" to 'ya!! Welcome
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Welcome Cheers Welcome

Happy Fourth of July!

Sounds like you have a good plan, but ...

train :needpics:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to The Gauge, Brian. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Welcome! Looks like you've been doing quite a lot or research for your layout. Keep us posted on your progress!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Here's an updated project list.
>Yard Office for the Remote rail yard and shops facility. (Finished, just needs installed. Still working on getting the glue for it. Should be installed on the layout by next weekend.)
>Passenger Station for the same
>Mount Union Connecting Railroad Co.'s Plymouth MDT Diesel
>Roundhouse(The roundhouse won't be put onto the layout, as It turned out to be too big. Using a scratchbuilt 3-stall enginehouse instead)
>Water Tank(Just needs legs)
>Diesel Service Facility(Paint shop is up first, and it's underway. It's based on the EBT paint shop in Rockhill Furnace, PA)
>Sawmill #1(Needs major repair work. It's an old building from Life-Like that needs a LOT of repair work before I can even consider putting it on the layout)
>Logging Flatcars(Just need to add stakes to the sides of two flatcars and I have a few more that I am hoping to have soon.)

More projects:
>2-Stall Car shop
>Engine Shop
>Sand house
>Coal Bunker for our 3 restored steamers
>Diesel fuel Tank
>MoW Truck
>Replacing horn-hooks with Kadee's
>Replacing plastic wheels with metal wheels
>Replacing plastic trucks with metal trucks
>Weathering #21's enginehouse
Enginehouse
>Enginehouse tool shed
>Painting Mt. Union Connecting Railroad Co. #2,#3, #4, and an ex-EBT Imagineered #21 2-6-6-2T engine.
Going on a research trip next Saturday. Researching parts of the EBT that I want to model. Hopefully. Got a few places picked out, most notably is EBT's Mt. Union Yard.

I just took some pics a little while ago. I'll get them up by tonight.
Welcome to the Gauge Brian!!

Hope to see a layout thread from you soon!! Misngth Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World