Patching Santa Fe Dash 8-40CW
I have an Atlas Master Silver Series Dash 8-40CW that I got a little while back. Its brand new, and does not have a roadnumber. I also need to install the few details that dont come factory installed, so I will be doing that after patching.

I got some BNSF patch decals, so this one is going to be getting a patch job as well just like the SP SD45T-2's did. I have to do a little research to find one that is still in the old SF Warbonnet scheme that has been patched for BNSF, but in the meantime, here is a couple shots of the locomotive

[Image: SL370006-1.jpg]

[Image: SL370007-1.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
After cruising through the Santa Fe and BNSF sections at Fallen Flags, it looks like after the merger, the units weren't patched. The letters "BNSF" were just added below the original Santa Fe road numbers. There were a couple pics of C8's in BNSF trains, still sporting the original Sante Fe numbers, and no "BNSF" underneath. Looks like the the original Santa Fe numbers were kept, even after being painted in BN's "Heritage" scheme.

I'm thinking, heavily weathered, C8, with original Santa Fe markings, mixed amongst some BNSF Heritage units, makes for a plausible train.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I see those down here in Houston on occassion. 88 is correct, just a BNSF under the loco number. And the numbers are in the 600s. Another warbonnet scheme I see has large "BNSF" letters replacing the "Santa Fe" on the sides.

Also, those locos are pretty heavily faded, the red is almost pink, and the silver is definitely dull.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times