New On-Line Magazine
I'll jump in with all the rest of the Cheech & Chong fans to say...."Super Job All who contributed!"

Matt
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:The pictures were great, especially the black and whites. My five year old son just fell in love with trains after seeing that. He was even trying to read! Now he wants a train! Guess I know what I'm getting him for Christmas."

Yeah...We know who it would really be for...Don't we.....

8-) Soooooooooooo We've turned a Youngling to the dark side.........

COOL!!!!! :geek: :ugeek: Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Soooooooooooo We've turned a Youngling to the dark side.........

Appear it would, that the youngling forgot his Jedi training.

Yoda I may be not, but the real power of the dark side, is steam.
357 357 357 Icon_twisted 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Appear it would, that the youngling forgot his Jedi training.

Yoda I may be not, but the real power of the dark side, is steam.
357 357 357 Icon_twisted 357

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

very nice. Thumbsup
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
every time i down load the file off the url in post all i get is machine langauge, any thoughts ?
jim
jim currie Wrote:every time i down load the file off the url in post all i get is machine langauge, any thoughts ?
jim

I had the same problem with the last e-mag. Upgrade your adobe acrobat reader, and I bet the problem goes away.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Hi Jim,

If the upgrade does not work, try right-clicking the link and choose "Save target as...". Sometimes a bowser will get hung up trying to display the pdf within the browser, rather than opening it as a separate file.

Andrew
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Funny! First time I read that I thought it said "... Yeungling to the dark side ..." and thought to myself, "Their Lager is very good, but I do like that dark Porter!" :mrgreen:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:
Funny! First time I read that I thought it said "... Yeungling to the dark side ..." and thought to myself, "Their Lager is very good, but I do like that dark Porter!" :mrgreen:
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Now you ruined that for me --- forever!!!!

Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Sorry, Mikey! I didn't mean to ruin anything for you!!! I had just been yearning for one of those dark porters, because the battery in my truck gave up its last electron on the 13th and I was housebound for a while! I had to wait for my Social Security check (fourth Wednesday) to go get a new one! By the other night, I was thinking all sorts of illogical thoughts!

But I'm sorry if I ruined your electric slide ... or electro glide ... or ding-a-ling .. or ... what was it again? Turning the corner with some young thing?

But, ahhh, just joking I was. Forget all things said I you must. Now, a good Storm Trooper be and begin again a Youngling to the dark side turning to make .........

EDIT: Corrections had to be made due to extremely poor proof-reading that permitted some embarrasing mis-spellings to sneak through unnoticed!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Sorry, Mikey! I didn't mean to. I had jusy been yearning for one of thos dark porters, but my battery gave up its last electron on the 13th and I had to wait for my Social Security check (fourth Wednesday) to get a new one! I was thinking all sorts of wierd thoughts!

But I'm sorry if I ruined your electric slide ... or electro glide ... or ding-a-ling .. or ... what was it again? Turning the corner with some young thing ...

Just joking ... forget everything I said, be a good Storm Trooper and get on with turning a Youngling to the dark side.........
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Too Funny!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Thanks everyone for the Kudos.
A couple of things.
First of all, the article "Modeling on a Budget" isn't mine. It was written by Kevin (Madcapman). It was noticed by me today. I'm sorry for any confusion that may have arised. Hopefully Mikey can have it fixed soon. Which brings me to why I was reading it over again today.

I recieved another PM over at Facebook today. This is from a girl I grew up with and went to HS with(No...Nothing happened!) I know for a fact she wasn't into trains, though she has sent me pictures of the Mt. Washington Cog Railway. anyway here's what she said:

From Maria
"Ed.... I was reading your stuff in that magazine and I was very impressed! Loved the articles, the photos and your advice.... especially about not being afraid of what you have done or who you are. Great advice about keeping your hobby(Why I reread the article...[Huh??...I didn't write that]) while on a budget. I have to be honest.... there are a couple of portions of your writing that have given me a great idea spark for an upcoming speech I have to do. Thanks ED. I will think of you as relay my message on!

I replied:
Thanks. But it all wasn't just me. Yeah, being the (Ed)itor, I do fluff some of the articles I recieve, but it was the work and submission of all the others that wrote.
Feel free to use any of my stuff(Eightyeightfan1), but writing from some of the other folks, you may want to get permission.
If you really liked this issue, another one is already in the works for January.
And thanks again.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.