My first remembrance of the Old Big Blue
Don, I certainly didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase! I'm glad you enjoyed it though! Big Grin
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Although I just recently joined, i must say that I prefer the general atmosphere in this forum and another forum I belong to, The Whistle Post, as opposed to the atmosphere on a forum that I belong to, but wish I didn't, called Model Railroad Forums. The general attitude from the Moderators towards the other members is "I'm a moderator, so I'm better than you and I can tell you what to do." I can't stand it.

The atmosphere on here and on TWP is a much warmer, friendlier, and kind forum. I love it here!
Gary S Wrote:Don, I certainly didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase! I'm glad you enjoyed it though! Big Grin
No Gary, you didn't, it's something I do occasionally anyway. I sometimes go there just to see that everything is still intact and I usually take a different path each time. It is indeed interesting and educational, but sometimes also disappointing since things have been rearranged and in some cases, are no longer there. Before we left, we tried to correct the broken links but there was just too many and not enough time to do them all. Now there's nothing we can do but hope someday they get someone that actually takes the time to straighten things out in the train forums there, but it'll be a lot of work and so I really doubt that will happen.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
RRManiac Wrote:Although I just recently joined, i must say that I prefer the general atmosphere in this forum and another forum I belong to, The Whistle Post, as opposed to the atmosphere on a forum that I belong to, but wish I didn't, called Model Railroad Forums. The general attitude from the Moderators towards the other members is "I'm a moderator, so I'm better than you and I can tell you what to do." I can't stand it.

The atmosphere on here and on TWP is a much warmer, friendlier, and kind forum. I love it here!
Thank you, we seem to be fortunate to be surrounded by a competent staff and a bunch of members that have a great attitude and are always willing to help. We all learn from each other, and everyone here seems to realize that no matter how good one is, there is always someone around that you can learn from. They also know that there are different levels of skills and experiences and always jump in with advice in a non-condescending way. We could not ask for a finer bunch of modelers and train enthusiasts to gather in one place. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Cheers Cheers

And a Cheers to the Moderators who make it possible..!!
Gus (LC&P).
I've said this before and I will say it again:

I find this forum welcoming because more than any other train forum I think people tend to put aside their differences and keep on topic. I have seen to many other forums ruined by frequent rude or snippy responses, political opinions, speculations, assumptions, and basically unwelcoming behavior. Sure, there have been a few "blow ups", but for the most part they have been much less severe than other forums I read. Forums of that nature I am much less inclined to participate. In fact, this is about the only forum I post to on a regular basis. I have a hobby (model railroading) that serves as a calming escape from politics, economy, current events, or general stress. I use model railroading and this forum as a stress release helping me relax from an otherwise stressful life. Over the course of the past 5 years at this forum and the previous incarnation, the advice and encouragement I have received has greatly encouraged and improved my modeling and helped me through some tough times.

Lets all continue to be respectful of others difference, stay on topic, and keep Big Blue the welcoming place it currently is.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I also personally like this forum do to the lack of arrogance. One thing I can't stand on other forums is when someone posts up something they built, to show off something they are proud of, and everyone has to put in their sometimes rude and obnoxious opinion on what is WRONG with the model. This forum has a wide variety of modelers of varying skill levels, some of which are definitely "Master" Model Railroader worthy, and some of whom are just getting started. But even so, when someone posts up a project, no matter how good or bad it is, all I EVER see here is ENCOURAGEMENT and productive advice. Sometimes constructive criticism. But never plain old mean criticism, or arrogant rude comments.

I'd like to thank all of you for helping make this forum great.
-Dave