It's Not a Model Train, But....
I know this isn't a model train - obviously - but it is hobby related, and what a hobby!

Quote:Mind-blowing remote-controlled tank is 550 pounds of awesome

RC-550-lbs-King-Tiger-tank.jpg
Here's a remote-controlled, quarter-sized scale model of a German King Tiger panzer that could crush most other RC models under its treads. That's not just because of its size — the World War II era panzer weighs a monstrous 550 pounds. Also, it's six feet long, and powered by two 500 watt electric motors — enabling the tank to tow a full-sized car on an even surface.

The turret works, too — though it doesn't fire (or at least we think it doesn't). But the two-foot-long barrel is motorized to simulate recoil, and it even has speakers that blare the satisfying, heavy noises treads make while crunching along.

So, yeah, the price. With all of those big numbers up there, you should already be expecting this one right here: $10,000. The King Tiger is one of many model tanks of all makes and sizes built by the folks at Mark-1 Tanks, based in Great Britain.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:The turret works, too — though it doesn't fire (or at least we think it doesn't). But the two-foot-long barrel is motorized to simulate recoil, and it even has speakers that blare the satisfying, heavy noises treads make while crunching along.
The round for a 1/4 scale tiger would be close to 24 mm. a 20mm round could easily substitute for a "close enough for government work". That!, would make some noise! Eek
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Could I order one with a functional cannon? Got a few pesky neighbors that I might want to challenge. Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Quote:Got a few pesky neighbors that I might want to challenge. Shoot

AAhhh,yes, a "kitchenaid" tool for preparing vulture food.

I think a 1/4 scale stealth fighter would be harder to trace, I mean, all that clanking, and crunching, too easy to follow.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Wait! I've changed my mind about what I want for Christmas!!!! Smile
Ralph
Is your neighbor's dog fouling your front lawn? Panzer! Vorwahrt! 357

I'm wondering what else that outfit builds. :?
I wonder if the ATF folks would let me import one of those? Icon_lol
At 2265' in length (1:555 scale) the crew could use a train to get from one end to the other.