Big Blue
So you guys want to call the new railroad Big Blue, but there's not a sign of Conrail around. Conrail was the railroad known as "Big Blue" and yet there's not a sign of it on the forums. What's worse, there's a vaguely Rock Island-esque train on the new logo and, in it's later years, the Rock's paint scheme was known as "bankruptcy blue." That's not the message you guys want to convey, is it?
I believe IBM was also called "Big Blue"! I figure the nickname can be used here without neccessarily conveying interest in one railroad, tempting bad karma evoking associations with a bankruptcy, or affiliating ourselves with any particular major corporation. Goldth Hmmmm, maybe we will attract more Conrail fans though....

Ralph
Nope - the only reason we chose Big Blue is that it was our nickname when we were The gauge about 6 years ago..

There isn't any Conrail or Rock isladn blue in our color scheme either Big Grin Big Grin

We're only referring to our beginnings here and yeah, Big Blue was IBM's nick-name, that';s why it cought on here. We checked and no, they n=don't own the rights to it anymore. i guess they wore the phrase out.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yep, to be sure, "Big Blue" as a standalone name is owned by a small manufacturing company. There are lots of "Big Blue this" or "Big Blue That", but we're to only "Big Blue Train Forum", for two reasons. Firstly, as Mikey says, it was our nickname a long time ago and that's why we revived the all-blue theme. Secondly, we wanted to avoid using the name "The-Gauge" for a train forum, although it isn't registered, the name went along with the old forum and we didn't want to infringe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I see nothing wrong with 'BIG BLUE', we gave it the nick name years ago. These young whipper snappers find fault with everything! Goldth Don't worry, be happy Worship
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
I'm not worried about the name, I'm worried about the lack of Conrail association with the name! 8-)