.pdf in post
OK...got a neat .pdf from a buddy...KIWI Rail internal newsletter with info & pics on the quake's effect on the RR...but NO CLUE how to post it for our friends here...file is copied to my PC, no URL link available. Any help??? Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
When you create a post or a reply, look below the composition area for two tabs - "Options" and "Upload attachment". Click Upload Attachment. You will then see a "Browse" button that allows you to locate the file on your computer. Double-click the file. It should then appear in the "Filename:" box. Click "Add the file". The file name should appear in a box directly below the Post A Reply box in a list of "Posted Attachments".

Then Submit your post as usual. If the file meets all the requirements (size, type restrictions) it should appear at the bottom of your post. If not, you will get an error message, and will have to resize or otherwise alter the file to meet the restrictions.

Andrew

Attached Files
.pdf   Algonquin_Transitions[1].pdf (Size: 63.68 KB / Downloads: 115)
Thank you, Andrew...I'll give that a try. Bob C...Uh-Oh - 4 pages, total 1.24Mb - OOPS ! sounds like even 1 page is too much data. OK, thanks, anyhow.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Bob C Wrote: OK...got a neat .pdf from a buddy...KIWI Rail internal newsletter with info & pics on the quake's effect on the RR...but NO CLUE how to post it for our friends here...file is copied to my PC, no URL link available. Any help??? Bob C.

Bob ...

Have you considered uploading it from your PC to Photobucket, resizing it there and then linking to it in your post?

Edit: Oops! ... .pdf ... not jpg ...

Sorry ... I wasn't thinking when I hit "Reply" ...

:oops: :oops:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
About the only thing I can think of is to save the individual PDF pages ad JPEGs, and then post here. I think you can do this in acrobat (but not the free acrobat reader). There may be other freeware programs that can do this as well. The problem is, the resizing and conversion of the JPEG could make things hard to read. If the document is mostly images, this may work. If it is mostly text you want to post here, then you are better off uploading the PDF to a file hosting site where we can download the actual file.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
You should be able to attach either a .doc or a .pdf directly as an attachment to your post, just as MasonJar described. You can also link to a .pdf if you have it located on another site. There is a maximum file size on attachments however, that being 250 Kb. PDF's usually cannot be resized, so if it's a file that larger than that, the best bet would be to either link to it off-site, or perhaps change each page into a .jpg and upload those.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Try going to the KIWI Rail webpage: http://www.kiwirail.co.nz/
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
Thanks, TG, and all...tried the KR page right away - pics are there,but much smaller (Hot Topic), and the captions & reportage created the interest. I may be getting into copyright problems here, too? (the source is a "Staff News Letter"...)...feel like I'm taking "Computer as a 2nd Language"...haven't yet given up - even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while...Later. Bob C.
Bob C Wrote:I may be getting into copyright problems here, too? (the source is a "Staff News Letter"...)

The safest approach to avoiding these kinds of issues is to post a link. Unless the link tries to subvert some payment requirement, or break into a secure members (or staff) only area, a link should be good.

If the work is already "in public" on the web, there should be no issues simply pointing to it. Saving your own version and redistributing could cause some concern, even if the source is given, and even if you accept no payment for doing so.

Andrew