Newbie from England signing in
Hello all,

I've just found your Forum via a link, so I thought I'd sign up and meet some new folks, although I already recognise quite a few of you.

A bit about me.

I'm in my late 40s, have been modelling for over 25 years but have only been into the US railroading scene for the last 7 years or so and am still very much at the learning stage

I have three layouts at home - One British outline OO scale DC, set during the winter of 1917-18, One HO DCC/sound layout set in the 1930s, called 'Sweethome Chicago' and another HO DCC/sound layout, currently under construction, set during the 1990s, called Sweethome Alabama.

Here's a photo of each layout...

[Image: aam.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4211.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7143.JPG]

All three layouts were/are built to take to exhibitions around the UK and to date, I have attended over 100 shows over the last 20 years, although the latest layout won't be ready for another year or so.

My on-line photos can be found on the Railimages site
http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/sho...puser/2703

I also have a growing number of video clips on You Tube, although I am currently searching for a suitable video editing suite to improve the quality
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JonGrant4472
Looking forward to chatting to you.

Regards

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
OK guy's Mr. Jon Grant has joined up, we are going to have to get down to some serious modeling now !!!

Welcome Jon, your modeling precides you, awsome work!! I have just rejoined here after about a six year absence.

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Jon Grant 4472 Wrote:[Image: IMG_7143.JPG]

Wow! Amazing! And welcome to The Gauge! Welcome
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Its a pleasure to have you join us Jon! Beautiful work in your photos! Welcome back Andy!
Ralph
Wow! That is some great modeling. Worship Nice to have you here. I hope you stick around and continue to post such awesome photos, and I hope you share many of your modeling skills. Big Grin BTW - I am glad to see we are attracting more members from around the world. This isn't a "north american railroads only" forum - I very much want to see photos of your british layout just as much as your american prototypes Goldth Goldth
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Hi Jon --

Welcome to this forum too. Always a pleasure to see pictures from your layouts!

Grin,
Stein
Quote:Here's a photo of each layout...

[Image: aam.jpg]

WOW nice winter layout Thumbsup The British outline steamers kinda grow on you, but my favorite trains are the old coal hauling steamers of the appalachian railroads like C&O, B&O.

3 layouts wow, I am working on a "toy" layout at home so I can run my Lionel and American flyer trains and am also working on a club modular layout as well in HO.

Welcome to the gauge Welcome
Welcome, Jon! I've been following your Youtube vids and I particularly appreciate your sound installations. I hope you find your way around the gauge without too much fuss. We are a laid back bunch but willing to help if we can!

Welcome

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Welcome to The-Gauge.... Welcome
You've got a lot of stuff to show us, so go to it... Goldth

Looks like our friends across the pond have raised the standard of modeling around here....The only way I could tell that CSX loco was not real was the field of depth issue so common in our modeling photos....
Gus (LC&P).
Jon, Welcome Welcome
I'm happy to see an additional "someone" I can learn from.
I'm particularly interested in your trees....very nicely done! Your overall attention to detail is also noteworthy. I think you will find this a comfortable place to enjoy the hobby.
Oh, Sweethome Chicago.....These days, there's a cop with his ticket book in hand at every parking meter....now that the city no longer owns the meters, the only way they can make money is by writing parking tickets. You modeled it in fairer times. Thumbsup
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for the kind words and friendly welcome to the forum.

Confession time - when I signed up to Forum, I didn't realise The Big Blue was also 'The Gauge', somewhere I used to post until about 4 years ago, when my computer took a funny turn and 'lost' my access, so it's really a 'return of a Prodigal son' rather than arriving as a newbie. Wallbang 35

That said, the forum is hardly recognisable to the old one and I'm looking forward to taking part in discussions.

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
Welcome Jon, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. You have some wonderful models. The photos are great. Don't be bashful about posting.
Charlie
Great photos...and welcome back!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Hi John, and welcome.
Big Blue isn't the old Gauge, but sort of a son of a Gauge after the old one was sold out from under us.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Welcome Jon!

After watching many of your videos (and a subscriber to your YouTube Channel,) It's going to be fun having you here! 2285_

Welcome Welcome Welcome
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln