Progress Report
Today, the last of the new furniture was delivered.

Tomorrow, my eye surgeon makes final judgement on the status post-op of my right eye, and sets the date to operate on my left eye.

Somewhere in between all of this we close on the 30th, start moving into the new home on the 3rd, and I start work on Pandorum somewhere soon thereafter...providing my left eye cooperates, and I survive moving 12 dogs, three cats, one tropical bird, three sugar gliders, two snakes, one lizard...oh, yeah - the stuff from the old place - and a partridge in a pear tree to Rockvale, CO. Go ahead - GoogleEarth it - it has a one-man post office, period. No stores, no gas, no bars - zip, nada, zilch, nichs.

Life used to be a lot quieter... :?
Wow... I am tired just thinking about that! Best wishes (and a big heaping of luck!) for your move, recovery, Pandorum, and whatever else you can fit in. Phew!

Andrew
Wheww is right..!! I got tired just reading what's in store for you....
Good luck & go easy on those eyes...Remember there's trains to do.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
I hope everything goes well. Sounds like quite a move!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I hope all goes well for you.

Snake? Confusedhock: My neighbor has a 10' boa and he lets the fool thing sun its self-he watches of course to ensure it doesn't slitter away or have one of the neighbor's pets for lunch..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
MountainMan Wrote:Somewhere in between all of this we close on the 30th, start moving into the new home on the 3rd, and I start work on Pandorum somewhere soon thereafter...providing my left eye cooperates, and I survive moving 12 dogs, three cats, one tropical bird, three sugar gliders, two snakes, one lizard...oh, yeah - the stuff from the old place - and a partridge in a pear tree to Rockvale, CO.
Life used to be a lot quieter... :?

Ahh, the fantasy of Pandorum......................in the heart of " pandemonium "!!!
Maybe you should reconsider transplanting the pear tree.......and leave the partridge in it when you go. Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hope everything else goes well, by the way how far are the nearest gas station/bars/stores?
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
that's a lot of animals!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Waiting for an update MM. I hope all is going well, I just got through the moving process myself, well, at least most of the way.
Good luck with the eyes, I hope the doctor has good news.
Charlie
Well, I "Google Earth-ed" Rockvale, CO ...

Woah! That's a mile or two from anywhere else! My daughter and I got "down on the ground" and "walked" around the town ... sitting on opposite sides of the room, each staring into their own laptop at the same scenes. We found the post office ... and then my daughter wondered, "We've seen almost ever house in town, which one on which of the three streets will the Mountain Man be moving into?"

And then, "There's a "Railroad Street" but no railroad, nor any visible evidence of one. What's up with that?" (Even at 26, she still askes a lot of questions.) :?

Then we wondered if either Williamsburg or Coal Creek have a gas station or a store or a place to sit and sit and stare into a shot of Jack Daniels? Or do you have to drive all the way to Florence to shop and get gasoline? Confusedhock:

We agreed that it will probably be very quiet for you and your managerie at night ... and very dark ... but with a sky filled with stars! Thumbsup

[Jenna and I started an afternoon of fun, laughter and enjoying each other's company, and the antics of her 6-month-old son, my grandson, with having me view this YouTube video] A good laugh set the tone of the day.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Bil, if you look on Google Earth you can still see the old railroad right of way. I just briefly checked Google and there was a coal mine owned by the Sante Fe.
Looks like some more reading when I have time this winter (sure). <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rockvalepages.com/history/history.htm">http://www.rockvalepages.com/history/history.htm</a><!-- m -->
Looks like MM will have a great place to explorer.
Charlie
tomustang Wrote:Hope everything else goes well, by the way how far are the nearest gas station/bars/stores?

Several miles... :?
There was indeed a coal mine in Rockvale - the original sole reason for the town. However, I'm not in town, but south of it on what I believe is the old road to that mine! Go Google Earth and follow Twin Pines "avenue" to it's end, i.e., south.

Progress report:

1. Closed on house yesterday.
2. Moving over Labor Day.
3. Internet hooked up again by Sep 7th.
4. Wife's kidney surgery 24th.
5. My left eye surgery 27th
6. Currently using glasses with lens for right eye. Left eye just does whatever it wants to - not much, usually. Smile
7. Pictures of trailer or whatever and commencement of work on layout...probably a week or two after my second surgery. Will also post shots of old structures around this area - that would be old buildings...not me! 8-)
8. New Ringling Bros STEAM engine on order from LHS (now almost 100 miles away!). Last Ringling Bros engine issued was a diesel... Shoot
9. Currently designing a mule train composed of actual "donkey engines". Enjoy yourselves figuring that one out! Big Grin

PANDORUM - It's not a just layout - it's my life!! Thumbsup
MountainMan Wrote:6. Currently using glasses with lens for right eye. Left eye just does whatever it wants to - not much, usually. Smile
My left eye doesn't do much for me, either. When I get lazy I leave it closed and my wife accuses of being asleep. It doesn't contribute much to 3D movies, but the floaters can be distracting. (Was that a bird or just a floater?)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:6. Currently using glasses with lens for right eye. Left eye just does whatever it wants to - not much, usually. Smile
My left eye doesn't do much for me, either. When I get lazy I leave it closed and my wife accuses of being asleep. It doesn't contribute much to 3D movies, but the floaters can be distracting. (Was that a bird or just a floater?)

I usually think I'm seeing flies! Shoot