Scenic upgrade on Sweethome Chicago
Kreikie! What a wealth of images! I won't be able to sleep tonight! My imagination is crashing round the room uncontrollably!

Thanks, Jon, for a great source! Unbelievable! Why ... there was even the Delaware Water Gap ... imagine that! I don't even have stick number one of benchwork up and I'm itching to get started on backdrops and scenery!

I need an good stiff pint of stout to slow me down or my racing mind will never let me sleep and then I'll be draggin' me bum all about tomorrow!

Thanks for the link! Big Grin Thumbsup
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Jon,you are one talented man,you deserve some awards...or something.Very nice work,outstanding attention to detail...simply brilliant!!!
Don Shriner
ocalicreek Wrote:Jon - I love the little bits of color you've added through the flowers. Nice upgrades all around!

And I'm glad you got rid of the 'Wicked Wanda's' sign, IMO. Just looks printed, as in MS Word. Will you replace it with a different one (or were you happy with that one)?

Galen

Hello Galen

No I didn't like the sign either and intend to change it. However I ran out of time before the show at the weekend and had to put it back up to hide the marks.

Watch this space though

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
Wonderful work!!! Really great scenery, well executed. There's a wealth of tutorials just waiting to be written within those detailed pictures. Really great job.

My compliments and admiration of your work. Cheers
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I added a new board last week specially for the exhibition at the weekend, and moved the water tank.

It is only three inches wide but is 6 feet long and totally changes the feel of the right hand end.

Originally there was a retaining wall along the front of this section to prevent stock accidentally falling off the layout, because the tracks were so close to the baseboard edge.

I decided to open the area out but this meant adding some protection against accidents, hence the 3 inch wide board.

It also restricted the camera angles when photographing the area

Before moving the water tower

[Image: IMG_73471.JPG]

After moving the tower

[Image: IMG_7493.JPG]

The view before removing the retaining wall

[Image: IMG_73511.JPG]

[Image: IMG_73441.JPG]

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
The new open plan 'narrow' board and the re-sited water tower

[Image: IMG_7467.JPG]

I've added trees, fences and ground cover since the above shot was taken last wednesday

[Image: IMG_74911.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7473.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7481.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7483.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7470.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7469.JPG]

I've also added a grounded caboose body, but didn't get a chance to photograph it at the show.

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
It's all been said Jon but this is a fantastic layout. I particularly like the way you place the buildings, everything blends . Thanks for sharing.

Would be good to see the layout down here (the Big Smoke)

Ken
Londoner Wrote:It's all been said Jon but this is a fantastic layout. I particularly like the way you place the buildings, everything blends . Thanks for sharing.

Would be good to see the layout down here (the Big Smoke)

Ken

Thanks Ken

It was at Ally Pally in 2008, and will be at St Albans in January, if that's close enough.

PS I thought it was always 'up' to London

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
Thanks Jon

I don't get to Ally Pally every year but St Albans in January will do nicely. Yes it is up to London, I stand corrected.

Ken
I thought I'd finish off this thread with some sepia photographs of the layout, including some of the new board in the East yard. My son added some crumpled newspaper to the layout before the show a couple of weeks ago and some may show up in the photos - I haven't found them all yet.

[Image: IMG_75401.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7555.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7547.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7558.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7586.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7559.JPG]

Jon

my videos

my Railimages