Ocalicreek's 2010 EOY Challenge
Here are some pix. I will try to get more later.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3598">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3598</a><!-- l -->

Dave
-Dave
No, sorry, this isn't a progress reply. :cry:

Just an update. Is it really procrastination when the reason you're not working on one model train project is because you're working on a different modeling project? It's not procrastinating...just a delay. Misngth

I'm glad Rail Graphics has a fast turnaround time, since I won't be ordering decals until after December 1. Why the delay? Two reasons; one, I won't have the dollars to do it until then. Two, the Model Railroader Lineside Structure Kitbash Contest entries must be in their office by November 30th.

It's the second reason that's pushing back the EOY challenge progress. I'm kitbashing a classic Rico combination station down into two structures - a passenger station and a freight depot. Good timing except that I didn't learn about the contest until earlier this month. Eek Hopefully I'll make the deadline. When my spouse finally rolls out of bed this morning I can get back upstairs and get crackin! The walls are cut and tacked together, the windows and doors are cleaned up and have been dry-fit. Next I need to add bracing and prime the structures. I may take some time to rough-in some scenery around the tracks at Pinto where the stations will sit while the primer dries. The contest rules say preference is given to structures pictured in a scenicked setting. Time to break out the sculptamold!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Well, I didn't meet the deadline for the MR Kitbash contest. Sad

However, I'm not all that upset since it means I can take more time on this structure and really do it well. I'll still photograph and document the construction along the way for an article. I truly believe any kit can be a 'craftsman' kit, as long as it is built with care and a bit of creativity to take it to the next level with the right finishes and detail touches. This pair of structures should exemplify that when I'm finished with them.

And while the 30th has come and gone, my new deadline is December 9, the Tacoma Clinic meeting night. So far I'm on schedule for that. Also my December allowance of mad money has come in so I'll be ordering decals! 2285_

That's all for now. Happy December.

Galen
So where's the progress photos????
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Do you want a picture of the decal order form? You can download one yourself if you like. Tongue

No progress on the steam engines until I finish the structure kitbash. Sad

Galen

Well, it was meant as a "let's get this project in gear!"? and "where's the progress?" but figured it would sound nicer if I camoflaged it a little. Misngth
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Sorry, Gary. I may just abandon this challenge since, in a way, it has served its purpose. I got started on the steam projects then got sidetracked on the structure kitbash contest and now I'm happily working on that project. So I'm not in a modeling dearth, funk or stupor - I'd call that overcoming procrastination. Yes, the promise of prize money or article cash will do that to you, I suppose, but I'm having fun at my own pace and the challenge got me kicked back into gear.

I'll get to the steamers after I wrap up this structure project - not procrastination, just shifting the schedule. :mrgreen:

Galen
Wanted to post the "This Thread is Worthless Without Photos" emoticons but apparently they are still on Thanksgiving Break in Cancun or where ever they go for the drinking out of funnels and tubes and the rest of that foolishness ...

I am running out of "reading patience" ... I need pictures to look at!!!

I'm sorry ... I just get tired of reading and start to lose interest ... It's not you, it's not the topic ... it's me! The ADD takes over and I can't be bothered to read ... I need to look at pictures!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln