Rivets
Charlie B Wrote:Kevin, I actually have done that successfully, but it is a pain,
Charlie

Me too, although it's easier to do it in brass. Goldth

Wayne
The build of my Mike has come to a screetching halt for lack of TWO rivets..!! I might consider fab'ing my own, as I don't want to wait a week to finish up that valve gear....I really suck at making small thingies...So I'll have to think about it a little more... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
I read (on another forum ... :oops: ) that Precision Scale has the type of rivets in question. The poster of the information on that forum had offered to email another forum member the list of part numbers. I PM'd him, explaining how both a friend of mine and I had need of some very small rivets and asked him if he would be so kind as to email the list to me as well (and I then included a link to E-Paw's CNJ 4-8-0 build ... a back door invitation to check out Big Blue)

If the Precision Scale Parts Number list shows up in my in-box, it will be posted here within minutes!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
PSC valve gear rivets (it's not specified, but dimensions appear to be in millimeters):

A-309 0.7X1.5
A-310 0.7X2.0
A-311 0.7X2.5
A-312 0.7X3.0
A-313 0.9X1.5
A-314 0.9X2.0
A-315 0.9X2.5
A-316 0.9X3.0
A-317 0.9X3.5

A-318 No size shown, but diagram indicates a shouldered rivet (stepped, with two small diameters)
A-137 No size shown, but diagram indicates a shouldered rivet (stepped, with two larger diameters)
A-138 No size shown, but diagram indicates a long straight rivet, with a slotted head
A-139 No size shown, but similar to A-137 and longer

A-140 1.5X8.5
A-141 1.6X7.7 (tubular)
A-142 0.1X.10 (this size appears to be a typo - drawing shows similar diameter to A-141, but slightly shorter)

Prices range from $4.00 to $4.75 for a package of 12.

Wayne
The following arrived in my email in-box just moments ago ...

Quote: Bil, all numbers start with the letter A and all are priced at $4.25 per package. Minimum order from them is $30, so if you order from PSC make sure you get whatever you need and add up to at least $30.

[Image: 001.jpg]

I hope that helps, or at least points you in the direction of help.
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Actually, biL, the catalogue states that orders under $30.00 will incur a $5.00 surcharge. Looks like that one has the same errors and omissions as mine, too. Misngth

Wayne
I just captured what arrived in my email, formatted it so I could upload it to Photobucket and then, along with the included quote posted it as I said I would. I have no knowledge of ordering or shipping charges, but I may be needing to order some down the road ... I have a Roundhouse PRR G5 4-6-0 cast Zamac boilered kit (that I bought in 1975) to build at some point in the future.

I was just trying to be of help ... but the good doctorwayne beat me to it! However, I had made a promise and followed through on it, even if a bit tardy! Big Grin Wink
biL

bil i'm a bit late but Yardbird trains has a large slection of parts for Varny, tyco, matua and english locomotives, nice guy to deal with .
jim