Railroad Naming Challenge Entry Thread
This thread is for challenge entries only! Please open another thread to comment on entries.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
AF350's Entry 1. Erie Lackawanna ---> now is ELF (Erie Lines Freight)

Tag line= "Moving freight like magic"
AF350 entry number 2. Chessie ----> is now the "Cheesy system"
Tag line "Our cut rate freight service helps spread the wealth."
The real Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound became my semi-fictional Ottawa, Algonquin and Georgian Bay. I don't know if the original had a tag line, but the OA&GB might be "Direct to the Nation's Capital". Before the St Lawrence Seaway was built, transshiping grain from the West at Depot Harbour and then taking it by rail to Montreal (via Ottawa/ eastern Ontario) was the fastest way to the European markets.

Andrew
Penn Central "Pain Central": "Breaking the Hearts of New York Central and Pennsy Fans Daily!"
New York, New Haven and Hartford(New Haven) changed to "Northeast Alantic Railroad".
Tag line: Serving All of New England

Historical note: At one time or another, the New Haven had their hands in most of the railroads that ran in New England, either as majority stockholder or down right ownership.
Except the Central Vermont.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I was actually toying with the idea of the New York, Susquehanna, & Western (NYSW) merging with the New York, Ontario, & Western (NYOW, OW) and the Lehigh & New England (LNE) to form the New York, Susquehanna, & Ontario (NYSO) and connecting with each other through the acquisition of the Middletown & New Jersey.

They would later merge with the New Haven to form the Atlantic Lines with whom I would like for my Penvan Railroad and Port Able Railway to interchange with as well as Ralph's Kings Port & Western/Penn Central.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:I was actually toying with the idea of the New York, Susquehanna, & Western (NYSW) merging with the New York, Ontario, & Western (NYOW, OW) and the Lehigh & New England (LNE) to form the New York, Susquehanna, & Ontario (NYSO) and connecting with each other through the acquisition of the Middletown & New Jersey.

They would later merge with the New Haven to form the Atlantic Lines with whom I would like for my Penvan Railroad and Port Able Railway to interchange with as well as Ralph's Kings Port & Western/Penn Central.

Couldn't you just call it the New Railroad?

all right, nurse, I'll come quietly.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:I was actually toying with the idea of the New York, Susquehanna, & Western (NYSW) merging with the New York, Ontario, & Western (NYOW, OW) and the Lehigh & New England (LNE) to form the New York, Susquehanna, & Ontario (NYSO) and connecting with each other through the acquisition of the Middletown & New Jersey.

Couldn't you just call it the New Railroad?

all right, nurse, I'll come quietly.

New England & Western
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

It's been a while since someone posted a new name here so, just to get things going again:

If I had founded what is now the Canadian Pacific RR, I'd have called it the Canuck Atlantic RR Popcornbeer 357 35

Oh, the tag line just might be: "EH, we're on our way" Icon_lol Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:It's been a while since someone posted a new name here so, just to get things going again:

If I had founded what is now the Canadian Pacific RR, I'd have called it the Canuck Atlantic RR Popcornbeer 357 35

Oh, the tag line just might be: "EH, we're on our way" Icon_lol Wallbang

In addition to the namesake for my fictional road, JR Booth also owned the Canada Atlantic. This being Canada though, it's a railway (ry.) not a RR. Wink

Andrew
How about my second entry. In light of Pan Am Railways/Guilford Transportation's ever present legal battles, I was thinking of Scam Am Railways.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

I guess I'll add in one for me too:

Norfolk Southern: We do for freight, what Pennsy did for people..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
That should be NS does for freight what the Pennsy SHOULD have done for people, then maybe the Pennsy wouldn't have gone belly up. Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
NYC = New York & Chicago RR. To and from Chicago's Rail Gateway.

Lakeside & Marblehead = Lakeside RR. " The Stone Hauler".
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!