More Surgery
Regretfully, I suffered another retinal detachment in my left eye and will undergo another emergency surgery tommorow. This will, unfortunately, set work on my Pandorum layout back by at least another six weeks. :cry:

I remember a line from a Tom Selleck film - High Road To China - "The ox is slow but the Earth is patient."

I'll be back when I can...
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and do what the doctors tell you!
Charlie
I hope your surgery is successful and your recovery is quick. Let us know what happens.....
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I hope everything goes well and you're back on track soon
Keep us posted on your recovery progress and by all means, take it easy so you can get back to doing things you like as soon as possible without any more setbacks.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
GOD be with you!

Follow doctor's orders,

rest a whole bunch,

Just take it easy and don't try to rush things.

We're all pulling for you!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
rest up and get well soon.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Horrible.
I had mine done by laser. One fellow in the club had some kind of cold (or freezing) surgery.
My detachment happened on a Friday and it took util Thursday to get into the operating room.
Best of luck.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
All my best to you, MM...my Dad, and a couple other friends have been through like troubles and treatment. They tell me the result is worth the tedium and discomfort. Hope your result returns your best capabilities...will be waiting for the good word from you. Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Bad luck....
Hope all goes well and you're back "in the saddle" soon....
We'll be pulling for you.
Gus (LC&P).
Best wishes! I hope all goes well!
Ralph
So far so good....I've still got a big bubble in my left eye, can't see out of it, and can't travel anywhere involving a significant altitude change; i.e., +/- 1,000 feet total. Still no bending, no lifting and all that other nonsense. Very boring, really.

I keep running into things on my left side, since my peripheral vision is gone for now. I navigate like a pinball machine, caroming off walls and doors while trying to land in the exact hole I was aiming for. Shoot

Probably at least a month to go.....sigh....
MountainMan Wrote:So far so good....I've still got a big bubble in my left eye, can't see out of it, and can't travel anywhere involving a significant altitude change; i.e., +/- 1,000 feet total. Still no bending, no lifting and all that other nonsense. Very boring, really.

I keep running into things on my left side, since my peripheral vision is gone for now. I navigate like a pinball machine, caroming off walls and doors while trying to land in the exact hole I was aiming for. Shoot

Probably at least a month to go.....sigh....

Jeepers Man. Becareful! Try not to "TILT" the machine. Confusedhock:
Thanks for the update MM, I was going to ask what was happening, but your post answered my question without asking.
Watch out for the walls, It is probably a good idea to just remain as inactive as possible until the bubble disappears. I'm pulling for you, and I know everyone else is too.
Charlie