Rail Graphics decals
biL, just download the Rail Graphics catalog & order form for more info. I'm only ordering the 'Gandy Dancer III' set, which is just lettering, no heralds.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Puddlejumper Wrote:Here is the 401 after the shop got aholt of 'er and added the scotchlite on the frame without repainting... coupled with freshly repainted GP20 406.
[Image: DSC_0332.jpg]

Dave, I like the Addition of the Scotchlite to my paint job. Also, my choice for faded green looks great in contrast to your fresh reading green, doesn't it?
BR60103 Wrote:Dave:
I like the way the B&P numbers go both above and below the lines. I wonder if any railroad actually did that?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just saw this post. I got the fancy number idea from the PRR, which used this style of numbers for less than a year during 1954. In late 1954 the number style was switched to a basic roman font in which the numbers look similar but are all lined up. I like the way the numbers looked "fancy" and went above and below the line, this particular font is "Georgia", but I believe there are a few other fonts that do this as well.

Mileswestern Wrote:Dave, I like the Addition of the Scotchlite to my paint job. Also, my choice for faded green looks great in contrast to your fresh reading green, doesn't it?

Thanks Miles. After I took delivery of the remaining units you did I decided to add the stripe, I think it looks good, brand new on a weathered loco. The green you used looks fantastic up against the units I have painted, quite a contrast. Now that I have practiced my skills, I want to start learning how to weather the units. So far I have used the same green for all of my repaints, but plan on using more faded colors for future repaints.
-Dave
Dave,

If you want, I'll post a tutorial on how I weather my diesels so you can match the weathering I did on your locomotives with the others in your fleet, how does that sound?

Of course you could also send me some locomotives to just weather if you want, let me know.
Mileswestern Wrote:Dave,

If you want, I'll post a tutorial on how I weather my diesels so you can match the weathering I did on your locomotives with the others in your fleet, how does that sound?

Of course you could also send me some locomotives to just weather if you want, let me know.

That sounds great Miles, I'm sure a tutorial would help many others as well as myself. The one problem with sending more units to you to weather is that I won't ever learn to use those skills myself if I keep getting others to do it for me. I even bought an air brush... though I have no idea how to use it yet. I need to set up an air dryer for my compressor and start practicing. Now that my train room is built, I can start doing instead of just talking.
-Dave
Excellent! I was actually hoping you'd say this.

Well before I start the tutorial in another thread, I'll give you a shortlist of stuff you need, and it doesn't have to include an airbrush.

Microbrushes (The Black ones)

Acrylic Craft Paint

-Dark Burnt Umber (most essential)
-Charcoal
-Burnt Orange
-Steel Metalic
-Antique White

Bragdon weathering powders (Light Rust, Dark Rust, Mud and Soot)
Dullcote
rubber cement
soft flat bristle brush (Nylon) 1/2"

See if you can get your hands on these and I'll walk you through weathering A GP7 in the light green. (I liked the color so much I had to use it for one of my Industrial roads!) We Can post side-by side through each step, using photographs as reference.

Sound good?
Mileswestern Wrote:See if you can get your hands on these and I'll walk you through weathering A GP7 in the light green. (I liked the color so much I had to use it for one of my Industrial roads!) We Can post side-by side through each step, using photographs as reference.

Sound good?

That sounds perfect! Let me do some shopping, and I will post or PM you as soon as I have the needed supplies. Thumbsup
-Dave
Sounds excellent! I can't wait. Cheers
Woohoo! I'm looking forward to this too! Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
P5se Camelback is watching with considerable interest, and so am I!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln