Thoughts and memories
ngauger Wrote:I was wondering where my spike removing tool was... When you find the time, put it back on my "displey" wall where it belongs!! Shoot

And the track hammer too..... Geeze - I'm gonna have ta start taking pictures and marking all my stuff!!!!!! Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth

At least with pictures, I'll be able to remember what's supposed to be where Smile Smile .... maybe Eek
What do you think we used to pull up what we thought was carpeting in Ed's office? Ya know, if he had a light bulb that worked, we might have know it was sheet vinyl glued to the floor. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I just read through this thread, and I would like to add that this is a great forum and thanks guys for setting it up.

Mark

On the subject of ripping up sheet vinyl flooring, in all seriousness guys if it was made before @ 1985 then get it tested for that dreaded A word; ASBESTOS. And the same goes for any paper like underlay that maybe under the vinyl.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:I just read through this thread, and I would like to add that this is a great forum and thanks guys for setting it up.

Mark

On the subject of ripping up sheet vinyl flooring, in all seriousness guys if it was made before @ 1985 then get it tested for that dreaded A word; ASBESTOS. And the same goes for any paper like underlay that maybe under the vinyl.

Mark
Definitely. And someone, please give Ed a new light bulb!!! Icon_lol
MadModeler Wrote:Definitely. And someone, please give Ed a new light bulb!!! Icon_lol
We were planning on it, but the cost for complying with the new requirements for CFL bulbs just threw our budget all off. We have a standing order with Goodwill just in case they get some incandescent ones there so there is still hope for Ed... Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yeah, if we buy him a nice bright CFl, he'll be able to see how bad his office really looks and all the candy that's "missing" from the machine! Eek Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well , I didn't know about all the cr ....er, stuff, you were going through with the "other" situation and it's just a s well I guess . The new place looks great and congrats to all who put her together ....thanks to Tyson for tipping me off on the new site .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Welcome TJ!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
We thank you as well Mike for pointing the way for Terry, it's nice to see someone show up at our door that remembers how things once were.

We've tried hard to make this site as close to the look and feel of the original Gauge. Most of us got tired of what had happened to our beloved site, so Mikey and I decided we'd recreate what once was, and here we are. We also cannot forget Path for doing our bidding and for keeping things the way they need to be. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You and Mikey done good Don! Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:You and Mikey done good Don! Cheers Thumbsup
Thanks, that means a lot to both of us.. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I was reading through a lot of the previous posts and someone mentioned that he was experiencing other forums that were either so busy he couldn't keep up , or others that seemed to be dead in the water . Too true . So far Big Blue has a nice easy feel about it and good participation . I'll take a while to look at all the mini-forums here .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:I was reading through a lot of the previous posts and someone mentioned that he was experiencing other forums that were either so busy he couldn't keep up , or others that seemed to be dead in the water . Too true . So far Big Blue has a nice easy feel about it and good participation . I'll take a while to look at all the mini-forums here .

Terry
Terry, Take your time to look around, there's lots of good stuff here, especially some fabulous pictures. And you're right, there are forums that are hard to keep up with, some with hundreds of posts every day. Then there are those that garner but a couple of posts a day or a week. Mikey and I both feel that we're doing just fine with the traffic and membership growth that we have here. We have many talented modelers, photographers and railroad fans, plus we have a whole bunch of just good people that are pleasing to be around. Smile Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Cleaning out an abandoned warehouse, this large crate was discovered. Anybody remember this?

[Image: Gauge03.JPG]

Dick
absnut Wrote:Cleaning out an abandoned warehouse, this large crate was discovered. Anybody remember this?

Dick

Well, well good sir, glad to see you again. How we let time slip by us is hard to imagine. And yes, we have had several versions of "The-Gauge" box, we always enjoy seeing pictures of them. Here's Pete's (sumpter250) boxes on my layout when he stopped by our house back in 2003... Wow, now there are some memories, I still can't believe that was nine years ago. Nope

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:How we let time slip by us is hard to imagine. And yes, we have had several versions of "The-Gauge" box, we always enjoy seeing pictures of them. Here's Pete's (sumpter250) boxes on my layout when he stopped by our house back in 2003... Wow, now there are some memories, I still can't believe that was nine years ago. Nope
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

357 Icon_twisted 357 Time flies, when you are having fun !! Big Grin Icon_twisted Big Grin
I have Grandsons in Chandler that I'd like to go visit. but there are some things here that need to be paid for first Sad Wallbang
That N scale train is safely packed away. The cost of "baggage/carry-on" would probably pay for the gas to drive there from here ! Eek

BUT - - - no broken bones next time ! 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!