your railroad related presents
What did you get Christmas for your hobby?

My cordless screwdriver went down some weeks ago. And - wow - I've got a new one from the children. 2285_

Wolfgang
We can switch it, day by day -
just in time - and safe
Come to us Westport Terminal RR
It is pretty nice having kids - here is a gift from my oldest son that both made me laugh, and which can be used when working on the layout - a set of new paint brushes and a pair of work gloves - mounted on a cardboard which revealed a "monster" once I removed the wrapping paper around the weirdly shaped gift:

[Image: CIMG1072.jpg]

Might be a while before I have the heart to remove the brushes from the cardboard and actually use them, though :-)

Grin,
Stein
I got a couple of wonderful presents. I will post pictures later, but I got a clock that makes train sounds and has a picture of the Jupiter 4-4-0 (Northern Pacific? or is it Southern Pacific? I forget). I also got a cast plaster bank in the shape of a 4-2-0 steamer that I can paint!

Both are pretty awesome!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!
RRManiac Wrote:I got a clock that makes train sounds and has a picture of the Jupiter 4-4-0 (Northern Pacific? or is it Southern Pacific? I forget).

Central Pacific. Famous for meeting Union Pacific 4-4-0 #119 at Promontory Point in Utah, the official meeting point for the first transcontinental railroad in the USA.

Smile,
Stein
The day is not out yet, but already, i got some stuff. The only railroad related items i received was an Amtrak Viewliner, and a pair of Conrail CT 290 Electrical Operating Instructions from 1978, both in excellent condition. These rule books cover electric operations, and if you've seen any of my posts, you know that electric is the way that i roll!

Also got a new camera to take pictures of things with. Its apparently an armored camera, resistant to shock and 16 feet of water.

Not rail related, but equally impressive, a MASSIVE B36H Peacemaker bomber kit (1:72). This thing is gargantuan, i don't know where to put it when i build it! I even have model of the USS Intrepid to do, an A10, and i need to finish the final details on a USS New Jersey model i've had for years.

I'm telling you, the plane is like, over two feet in length and wing span! Gonna have to install aircraft warning lights on my catenary.....
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Only trains was a early Christmas gift from my son.Two Athearn Fantasy CR GP60Ms everything else was non-rail..

[Image: 004-17.jpg]

[Image: 003-26.jpg]

Psst! Wanna free box of sugar free chocolate candy?

Warning Taste terrible. Sad
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Only trains was a early Christmas gift from my son.Two Athearn Fantasy CR GP60Ms everything else was non-rail..

[Image: 004-17.jpg]

[Image: 003-26.jpg]

Psst! Wanna free box of sugar free chocolate candy?

Warning Taste terrible. Sad

Cool units!

and yes, sugar free is frightening. I once bought a super pack of sugar free pez. I didn't see that it was, and my god, that was the most painful experience ever. I didn't want to waste them, so i just ate them. Who OKs this stuff? I often wonder if that really is the best they can come up with, lol.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Even though I didn't ask for anything I got 3 of these!!!!

[Image: ab1213a4.jpg]
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
train train train train
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Some great gifts there! Stein, that was a clever packaging for your gift. I wasn't expecting a train related gift this year but Susan found this interesting book for me!

[Image: IMG_2105.jpg]
Ralph
Looks like an interesting book, Ralph! And there was some nice engines there too, people!

Smile,
Stein
Some nice gifts there! I've had many a train-free Christmas, but not this year, thanks to my friends at the hobby shop! Bill & Dave and Joan gifted me with a lovely Spectrum On30 2-6-6-2. 2285_

To say I was flabbergasted would be an understatement! Eek

Of course now I'm going to have to expand the Weasel Flats Sand and Gravel Co., since I don't think this baby will handle the curves!

Thanks so much to the folks at Paris Jct. Hobbies!

Hope everyone is having a happy Christmas! Cheers
Christmas this year was hearing the good news that an article I had written had been accepted for publication at Model Railroad Hobbyist (and the accompaning payment! Goldth ).

A gift I purchased for myself was Jeff Johnston's videos on painting a Steam Locomotive. VERY nice vids.

No train gifts from family or friends, but that's okay. I've been given the gift of time to work on layout projects, and to watch my son run his new Bachmann 0-6-0 (N scale) that Santa brought him.

EDIT: Remembered one more thing, I DID get a train related gift, well, the whole family did actually. Good friends sent us a Hershey's Chocolate HO scale train set. They used to live near Hershey and visited the park regularly. Apparantly they had this set and never used it. We will put it to good use for sure! 2285_

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Squidbait: we made it over as far as sister-in-law's in Brantford. I got a locomotive shaped cookie cutter and a locomotive shaped picture frame.
As I said in the hobo camp, I received 2 cast buildings, a calendar and 2 wagons. And a book on Flying Scotsman. I don't know if my November purchase of a pacific counts as part of my Christmas.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I didn't have any model railroad items on my wish list at all for Christmas this year, but this morning, the wife hands me a box and when I opened it, I almost went into cardiac arrest! Inside the box were 6 Atlas 25,500 gal Trinity tank cars with IBPX and PLMX marks and all different numbers!

Seems that last week when she was down here in my Man Cave (reminding me for the hundredth time that I need to clean up this mess and get to working on the new layout) she got to admiring a couple of my corn syrup tank cars and remarked how much she liked them. She wanted to know what would be hauled in them, etc. and after a brief discussion about them, I mentioned that one day, I'd like to add a few more tank cars to the collection, but larger ones suitable for a different commodity and showed her some examples of the types I'd like to get.

So when she and her sister went shopping this week, she stopped by the LHS - asked the man if he had any modern HO tank cars and he helped her find these which were all he had left and she bought the whole lot! Couldn't have been more perfect and now gives me yet another interesting industry to put on the proposed ISL.

This is the first time she's ever purchased any model railroad items for me on her own and she sure hit the jack pot! In the past, it's always been: "If there's something you want for Christmas or your birthday for your model railroad - order it...".

Talk about a nice Christmas!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
FCIN Wrote:This is the first time she's ever purchased any model railroad items for me on her own and she sure hit the jack pot! In the past, it's always been: "If there's something you want for Christmas or your birthday for your model railroad - order it...".

Talk about a nice Christmas!

Sounds great - both the Christmas, the cars and the wife. Congratulations!

Smile,
Stein