HO model cars, and street scenes
Cheers guys! I've been lucky with a few bids on e-bay,

I now have the following additions on my streets (well, they're only lines on the baseboard right now, will take pictures when there is a 'real' street :-) )
- Mid '80's VW Vento (also known as Jetta, not sure which name they were sold under in the US, but I know I've seen them there) by Herpa
- End 80's early '90's VW Passat Estate, by Herpa
- Ford Mustang, by Monogram
- Saturn , by Monogram

In addition to this a few cars currently available from Atlas, so it's starting to come together in the 'mundane cars' department.
I'll keep on looking, my layout will be set in early to mid '90s, so I can use anything from late 70's till then to fill my streets.

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
There will be a '70s Dodge A100 form brekina later this year.
Jens
torikoos Wrote:- Mid '80's VW Vento (also known as Jetta, not sure which name they were sold under in the US, but I know I've seen them there) by Herpa

I think they called them "Fox" or something stupid like that. But by the 90s, they had aligned the US names with the German names and it was the Jetta. I remember seeing VWs with "Fox" on them around the same time you'd see Rabbits but by the time I was driving they'd all become Golfs and Jettas.
radivil Wrote:
torikoos Wrote:- Mid '80's VW Vento (also known as Jetta, not sure which name they were sold under in the US, but I know I've seen them there) by Herpa

I think they called them "Fox" or something stupid like that. But by the 90s, they had aligned the US names with the German names and it was the Jetta. I remember seeing VWs with "Fox" on them around the same time you'd see Rabbits but by the time I was driving they'd all become Golfs and Jettas.

I believe the Fox came from Audi into the VW line-up. It was more like a Rabbit than a Jetta (although these latter two were closer earlier in their respective lifecycles). The Jetta was also marketed with the Bora (European) name. And on another note, I now see in Canada that Jetta Wagons are now branded as Golfs (European name for Rabbit).

Andrew