My N-scale modules
Hi all,

I build modules an call them FREMO-moderNeast (not in the Fremo scale list now). I start with some mainline modules and a Station which have 6 modules, 4 of them are with track an some scenery. Nothing ist ready yet, all in progress ...
All with Atlas Code55 track and 4 handlaid crossings, turnouts with tortoise switchmachines and engines run with Digitrx DCC.

A jumper module from Valley to Slope, which will become a river ... later

[Image: bridge17.jpg]

[Image: bridge18.jpg]

[Image: img0522t.jpg]

Here some pics from the 4 station modules:

[Image: img0628xk.jpg]

[Image: img0624y.jpg]

[Image: img0612m.jpg]

[Image: img0629e.jpg]

[Image: img0637m.jpg]

[Image: img0620qk.jpg]

[Image: img0617o.jpg]

[Image: img0621q.jpg]

[Image: img0652j.jpg]

I'm not a very fast builder so it will take some time to post new pictures.
Conrail-Markus
Keep up the great work! And please take your time 219
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Really great "street running" set-up...I like it! Thumbsup

How did you get the embedded track and streets formed that way? Styrene? Poured? Great job on getting the spacing between the rails and road so even and uniform.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Great job! Thumbsup Thumbsup Like Herc I am especially impressed by your street trackage and like him, I would like to know how you did it.
Kurt
Being a big fan of your work I am glad you finally started displaying it here.
Jens
Looks great. I should buy you a plane ticket to come over and do my street trackage.
N-Scale you say? That is some damn impressive work. Confusedhock: Did you hand lay your turn outs as well? I'll echo everyone's sentiments regarding your street track work. Superb to say the least! Thumbsup
I love that "go left to go right" siding. Very prototypical but not often modeled because there is that "OMG S curve! shame! shame!" idea that has been drilled into many people's brains. It really makes the entire scene look like it's all there for a reason, not just that you felt like putting a track here or there.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
I love that picture of that Southern MP15 creeping around that building. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Love it - especially the scene of the train going under the corner of the building. Reminds me of this scene from 41st Avenue/2nd street in brooklyn:

http://www.trainweb.org/AbandonedLIRR/bu.../bush2.JPG

Smile,
Stein
Outstanding! Thumbsup
Well done this street running module Thumbsup
What brand of switches and crossing did you used?

Otherwise, it gives me some ideas for my own N scale layout. I think that I will some day have the time to rebuild my hidden storage yard into a wide open city and industry yard.

At this time, I can only run my BNSF or UP trains on a main line somewhere west between Colorado and New Mexico.

Daniel
great job Markus Thumbsup Cheers
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Those are great modules! Like everyone else I am very admiring of the street tracks. Love all of the diamonds!
Ralph
Thanks to all for your nice words ... my face become red :oops: Wink

Well, as I wrote all track ist Atlas Code55 and all crossings in the streets are handlaid. The street ist complete scratchbuild from styrene. The track is glued down to 3,0 millimeter cork.
Left and right from the track are 1,5 millimeter stripes in different shapes. Inside the track is a 5,0 millimeter wide and 1,0 millimeter thick stripe. The last layer in the track is 7,0 millimeter wide and made from 0,5 millimeter styrene, the street outside the track is from 1,0 millimeter styrene.

Most time goes for the switches (Atlas #5) and the curved parts. It's my first own N-scale project, before I was in H0 (1st 25 years german and than 10 years US) and only a helping hand on other (german) N-scale layouts.
If you look very close you'll see many mistakes I made and if I need this build twice I would do some things an other way. I wished I could do the gap between rails and inside street smaller but the N-scale wheels are so different ...

Here some additional pictures during the work:

[Image: img0077mf.jpg]

[Image: img0076ij.jpg]

[Image: img0074pk.jpg]

[Image: img0072fp.jpg]

[Image: img0078nm.jpg]

[Image: img0046sb.jpg]

[Image: img0045tz.jpg]

[Image: img0044nm.jpg]

[Image: img0041ij.jpg]

[Image: img0048dg.jpg]
Conrail-Markus