photo help
Ok guys been a long time member and have a love for the real stuff about 1.5 years ago I had to get surgery while out the company i was working for went away!!!
Well anyways to make ends meet I went backto my second love on the road as a truck driver. well going state to state driving large loads I tend to go into a lot of ports and railyards got some great pics on my phone which brings me to my first question:
1. how do I get the pics from my phone to the PC and here?
2. Is there away to mount a camera to the dash board or truck to be able to take pics while driving? I cant pull over all the time and its way to dangerous to try while driving! any ideas some great shots being missed.
Thanks
What kind of phone is it? Does it have a memory cartd in it? If it does are your photos set to save on the memory card?

If it's something newer you might have been supplied with USB converted charger that will plug right in the pc
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
1) The answer depends on what phone you have and your plan. The first thing to look at is if you can sync your phone with the computer. If that's not possible you may be able to email the photos from the phone and get them that way.

Without knowing the specifics of you hardware and phone plan it is difficult to comment further.

2) There should be a whole range of options for you to mount a camera. The first thing that came to mind was just a beanbag on the dash. But there should be lots of options at your local camera or big box e-store. If your camera has a wired or wireless remote, triggering it should be easy. It may take some practice to make sure you release the shutter at the right time.

Hope that helps.

Andrew
but what about aiming and catching the shot? Was thinking of maybe some kind of 180 type video system? out west and in the north west there are some great shots out here.
As far as the phone no memory card not sure how to link the phone to the computer. its a srint,nextel phone
pennman Wrote:but what about aiming and catching the shot? Was thinking of maybe some kind of 180 type video system? out west and in the north west there are some great shots out here.

If you move to a "regular" camera - rather than a cell phone - I was thinking that you could mount it in such a way that you don't have to aim. Sort of like the cameras in police cars. After a certain amount of practice, you'll know when things are lined up and when to press the shutter release.

Quote:As far as the phone no memory card not sure how to link the phone to the computer. its a srint,nextel phone

If you have the make and model, and the details of your plan, we might be able to look up the specifics. Otherwise, there are just too many combinations to provide details and we'll be limited to generalizations like "email the pictures".

Andrew
One thing, just because one has a cell phone that can take pictures and has a USB port connector, doesn't mean it is capable of downloading pictures. I have one and when I tried to download pictures to my computer, I found the port's only function was to charge the batteries. I could send photos to another phone, and probably send them in email if I had that kind of service, but I'm kind of old fashion and still think a phone is supposed to be used for making phone calls and actually talking to people. :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
pennman Wrote:As far as the phone no memory card not sure how to link the phone to the computer. its a srint,nextel phone

See if you can Text the photos
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.