Update
Sorry I have been MIA over the past few weeks. Busy at work with various projects, headaches, and frustrations. Sometimes I just want to scream - generally brought about by ridiculous government regs and also by the lack of responsibility and intelligence of many within my sphere. Wallbang

But, I have been finding some time to relax in the railroad room and workshop. The SLC reefers have a base coat of paint. Also have been doing a major change in the layout shelving. I cut out about a four foot section of shelf with one of the bridges, and moved it to the opposite end of the room. Got all the rearranged track tied back in, magnets, turn-out controls, and track feeders all done. Reason for the re-arrangement was to make industrial area 3 more isolated from industrial area 2, trying to give the feel that they are further apart geographically. I think it turned out well, although I did have to shrink the radius of one of the 90 degree curves in a corner down to 23 inches. That's okay for second generation geeps and 50 foot cars, plus I'll hide it behind either buildings or trees.

Again, sorry for not keeping up with the goings-on at Big Blue, just that my limited leisure time has been spent in the railroad room instead of in front of the computer. Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll need to get caught back up with everyone's projects here as soon as work gets back to normal.

And thanks Charlie B, the email you sent was appreciated!
Doesn't matter for how long you're gone, as long as you came back and your ok Thumbsup
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Cheers Right! Thanks for checking in. Hope you get more time for fun stuff like the hobby.
Ralph
Gary ...

We'll all be right here when you have the time to devote to the hobby ...

... in the meantime, the school requires some attention and you are the one who has the vision and the conviction to do it!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Gary---it's good to have you back,looking forward to all the updates on your layout
Cheers

Smile

Andrew
We can wait as long as it takes....But the pictures are WHERE...?? 357
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks everybody!

Gus, As I was doing the layout mods, I knew I should have been taking pictures, but I didn't. I can probably dig up some "before" photos and compare them with some "after" photos. I am planning to take off work a couple days at the end of next week for some much-needed "Gary" time, hopefully I can get caught up with Big Blue.
I've been wondering where you were. Here's hoping your work stress alleviates soon Cheers .
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Did you need to shovel snow to get to your layout? My wife and I were in the Chicago area form Feb3-8, and I saw on the news all of the weather you guys were getting down south.
Thanks Kevin.

Russ, we got quite a few days of sub-freezing temps, but only had 1 day where the overpasses and bridges were iced up. Our local media made quite a spectacle of it though, you would have thought that we were all going to freeze to death! Some of the stations pre-empted normal programming for the entire day and had nothing but weather on! All that for temps in the mid 20s (F). I had to laugh at my fellow Texans about our "severe winter weather" after thinking of all our Big Blue friends to the north, who routinely live with weather like that for months at a time. We're not quite as tough as we like to put on! 357

The layout room was just a short jaunt across some crunchy frozen grass, sometimes done barefooted! Turn on the heat in the room, and all was well. The room stays surprisingly warm, and doesn't take long to heat - good insulation and few windows doesn't hurt.
I guess I was watching pictures of Dallas and particularly the ice and snow problems on the stadium where the Super Bowl was held, and forgot that Houston is a few hundred miles South of Dallas and has the Gulf to keep the temps from falling to much.
pics Gary, PICS....
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
E-paw, the photos can be found here and here.