Galen’s article has been published
Congrats, there, Galen! Thumbsup Big Grin

Well conceived, well written, well photographed ...
... a job well done ...
... and I do appreciate the inventiveness of your solution!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Gary S Wrote:Wow! That is beautiful! Worship

An ingenious idea, and a very-well-written article. Galen, you did a superb job. Very professional. Thumbsup

Gotta tell you that I love the function of the knobs on the fascia - so much better than the "push-pull" that I have with my homemade "light switch" controls. Now you have me thinking about how your idea can be adapted to my controls.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks, Gary. Big Grin

I guess it would depend on how stiff is the motion of the switch. Using threaded rod would work with the 90 degree bend. I imagine you'd want to leave enough 'wiggle room' so that you could adjust the threaded rod to ensure smooth motion. The other consideration would be making the knob very secure onto the shaft. Since it's not an exact fit, the screw has to be tight onto the flat spot on the shaft. The extra pressure on the knob due to the increased pressure of the light switch might cause the knob to wiggle loose whereas the tube-in-tube offers less resistance. That's the only consideration I could imagine off hand.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!