My "Southern Rwy & Graham County RR" layout
Hi guys,

I'm still busy to prepare the layout for the show next week.
I installed mounting stuff to add carcard boxes and the backdrops, build the module for the 180° curve and added some more details and scenery.
One of those thinks was, to rebuild the old GCRR Interchangetrack into the "Nantahala Gravel Co." loading spur.

I printed a photo of Walther's Glacier Gravel and glued this one to some card board. After cutting out the structure, I added this one to the backdrops behind the Then I scratchbuild a loading bridge and placed this one over the tracks. I've to add paint and weathering to the loading bridge and some scenery around.
Here're two pics from the actuall status.

Cheers, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

That's looking great Gerd, good luck at the show! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good morning,

here's an update on my progress from the last days.
The gravel loading bridge is installed, I painted and reletteres a combine for the Southern Railway and finished the technical part of the 180° curve module.

[Image: Schotter_1i.jpg] [Image: Schotter_2i.jpg] [Image: Kehre_1i.jpg]
Click on thumbs to enlarge.

I also made some panels to store car cars on the spure tracks and stations and the DCC controler. These panels are made from plywood and styrene, milled on my cnc mill. I also build a box to sort the waybills.

[Image: Kartenablage_i.jpg] [Image: Sortierkasten_i.jpg]
Click on thumbs to enlarge.

Cheers, Gerd
You've been busy! Thumbsup
Mike

Great job, Gerd!

Always nice to see your progress on a wonderful little layout.

Thanks, for continuing to share.

Barry
It's done !!!!

Good morning,

first of all, thanks for the nice comments. I really like to work on this little layout and I'm sad that I'll take a break on N-scale to get my large scale trains continued.
But in late 2012, I'll be back on my N-scale layout and start with the GCRR modules.

Now we'll come to the good news - I finished all the work for the train show this week. Yesterday, I set up the whole layout in my living room to check for any problems. Everything works fine and I run some trains. Here are a couple of photos.

Cheers, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

Gerd, you should build a few additional modules. Really fine work!
Wish you nice hours at exhibition!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Looks great Gerd, you should have a wonderful time at the show! Cheers
Mike

Hello,

here're some photos from the exhibition.
My dad was new to the car card and waybill stuff, but handles it very well after two days.
We have played 18 model days within 2 real days and there are 2 more days to go.

It's still a lot of fun and there are a lot of people, interested in the car order system on the layout as well as in US railroads itself. This is the only US-layout on the show...
I'll bring some more photos next week.

Cheers, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

Gerd, very nice impressions! Enjoy the following two days!
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Cheers Thumbsup Worship
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Hello,

the exhibition was a great success and we had a lot of fun Wink
In 4 days, we handled 40 days from the schedule and 290 freight cars at all.

My dad enjoyed the weekend so much that he will step in for the next phase of the layout extension.
He even bought some tracks to get the new modules started soon. It looks like we'll get more progress on this layout done much earlier as expected Big Grin

The layout was part of a competition of private owned home layouts, together with 5 other layouts.
A jury evaluated the layouts during the first days and on saturday, there was the big winner honour in the afternoon.
To make it short - the layout made the second place and I got a coupon for 200,- euros to buy model train stuff.
This coupon will be used to get materials for the next extension.

Cheers, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

Congratulations, very well deserved for a fine layout Thumbsup
Reinhard
Gerd - Congratulation !!!
Wish you big success and enjoy with planned extension!
Cheers, Bernd