Erratic Reply boxes
Anyone else have a problem with long posts that use up the entire reply box?

Many times, the cursor jumps back up to the top, and the sentence being worked on jumps down off the page. Very frustrating! Seems the cursor just goes nuts. Scroll down, and the reply box scrolls back up by itself, making the text at the bottom dissappear.

Wallbang
Oops... double post
I'm not sure if you're not exceeding the maximum characters allowed in a post, but we are limited to 10,000 characters. That's a pretty big post. I'm not sure what would happen if a post reached that number, but I can test and find out. Beyond that, I've never had a problem such as you described, but again, I'll do what testing I can and see if I can duplicate it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
No big deal, Don. I was just venting.

The post was no where near the limit, it was various text and photos that extended beyond the bottom of the reply box.
Gary S Wrote:No big deal, Don. I was just venting.

The post was no where near the limit, it was various text and photos that extended beyond the bottom of the reply box.
You're allowed to vent, but if there is a problem, we'd like to know and see if there's anything we can do to fix it. I'll still try to duplicate things if I can.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
That's a programming issue with phpBB (this bullitin board software) that happens on all of the 3 boards I go to. Sad

If the message exceeds a certain amount of lines, the curser jumps around.

the only way i found around it is to do what Don suggested......

Do it all in an e-mail.. then copy & Paste it all to the reply box... Then you can hit "Preview" to make sure everything looks right before Submitting it.

~~ And yeah, I do that quite a bit too and it is aggrivating when it happens! Shoot
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I thought this was a browser issue? It happens to me in IE, but not Firefox?