Wha' hoppen?
When I opened up, I had to log in, with password, etc. No problem, but when it came up, all printing was small enough to print a page on a stamp. It used to be big enough for even us "oldsters" could read it. What did I do wrong? Eek Eek

At least I was able to get into the forum. Big Grin

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
Did you recently get an update to your computer (Usually when you shut it down)?? Most every time I get an update it seems to remove the cookies. The cookies are the data that keeps the passwords and other "settings" for each site. So most times I get an update, i have to log in to any sites I visit Sad Sad And yeah - that would cause the "error" in the lettering too. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Just in case you're not aware, you can increase or decrease the size of the font here by clicking on the "A" in the upper right of the screen here. For some reason, and it's probably what Mikey is talking about, I revert back occasionally and have to click it again a few times to get the font back to large.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
It is still screwed up. I click on the "A" and it gets a fraction bigger. Click again and it goes tiny again. Not only that, but when I read all the posts in a thread, the red spot on the left goes white. Now everything stays red.

Everything I touch seems to turn to mud. How can I read the GAUGE without touching anything? Wallbang

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
Lynn,

Usually, at this point we ask that you delete your browsing history, cookies and cache if you haven't already done so. That frequently does the trick. We'll keep at it until the problems clears up, so don't give up... we won't. Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Either clear the vookies, etc - OR an update to some software that you may use to protect against malicious cookies is now blocking this forum's cookie. So in addition to cleaning out what may be there nad possibly corrupted, check to make sure you are ALLOWING cookies from this site, that would also prevent the all messages read indicator from being saved.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
It's not just yellowlynn. Happened to me too. Somethings up but mine reverted back to normal after a couple seconds.

Yellowlynn, if your mouse has a roller wheel on the top, you can hold down on the Ctrl key and then roll the mouse wheel up or down to make all of the text on a page larger or smaller.
That CTRL key and the mouse wheel did the trick. The red indicators on the left stay red all the time, but I'll figure that out later. I got everything big enough to read so I'm happy. Cheers

Thanks much

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
TrainNut Wrote:It's not just yellowlynn. Happened to me too. Somethings up but mine reverted back to normal after a couple seconds.

Yellowlynn, if your mouse has a roller wheel on the top, you can hold down on the Ctrl key and then roll the mouse wheel up or down to make all of the text on a page larger or smaller.
Good call. Thumbsup I've had that happen where I scroll for one site and find that another site was now too big or too small. There's just too many variables between what you can do with your OS, different browsers and even at each website, to keep track of them all. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
See, reason to stick with IE (and no it DOESN'T get viruses - only YOU - as Smokey the Bear likes to say) - down in the lower right it shows the zoom level when you do the control-wheel thing, so it's easy to check if you accidently zoomed in and forgot about it, making everything else look giant. Icon_lol 35 35 35 :mrgreen: 357

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
It took till now for me to see that "delete board cookies" at the bottom. I never know what that will do, so I never touch it. If I do that delete bit, will that wipe out more than a know-nothing can handle? Nope

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:It took till now for me to see that "delete board cookies" at the bottom. I never know what that will do, so I never touch it. If I do that delete bit, will that wipe out more than a know-nothing can handle? Nope

Lynn
You should be able to delete this board's cookies that way, the only consequences are that you will have to log back in and it won't remember what threads you read or haven't read. I have to confess though, that I've never used this function. You can also delete all your cookies through your browser, or you should be able to list the cookies your browser has remembered and you can pick and choose. That's how I've always done this. The only drawback to deleting them all is that you'll have to log in at all the sites that you've elected to stay logged in at.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
rrinker Wrote:See, reason to stick with IE (and no it DOESN'T get viruses - only YOU - as Smokey the Bear likes to say) - down in the lower right it shows the zoom level when you do the control-wheel thing, so it's easy to check if you accidently zoomed in and forgot about it, making everything else look giant. Icon_lol 35 35 35 :mrgreen: 357

--Randy
That a handy function that Firefox doesn't have. But, there are other reasons for not using IE besides a virus scare. I guess I like to go with the underdog, like my first introduction to the Internet was with Compuserve, then with the Netscape browser, both of which I bought in the store. I just continued along that path using Netscape, then Mozilla because I liked it and it had many features well before IE had the same ones. You're right though, all browsers now are as susceptible to virus attacks as the next one.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and