Problems with Private Messages
I'm wondering why PM's often seem to sit in the outbox for long periods of time. For example, I sent a PM on 20110311 at 20:52 hrs and it sat in the outbox for almost 48 hours before it appeared to actually be sent. This has happened a couple of times. Don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but just seems like the messages don't always get sent immediately.

Thanks!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
It's not you - it's the recipient Big Grin Big Grin The messages are sitting there ready to be "read" by the person you sent them to. you can edit them or delete them before they are read.

When the person reads them, they disappear from your outbox. That's how you can tell they were read. Big Grin Big Grin So any message in your outbox, has not been seen yet by the recipient.

I've had messages waiting up to 3 days for members to sign in and "Check their (PM) mail" Nope Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Okie-dokie! Now I understand. I thought that perhaps something was wrong with the software or maybe I'm just too used to sending email messages that blast off into the electron zone regardless of when they are read at the other end.

Thanks for setting me straight.
Ed
Thanks for reporting the "potential" problem Smile I was the same way when we first had the board running.. Icon_lol Icon_lol

Wait! Shouldn't they disappear??? Goldth Goldth Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
This really is a cool feature. One of the rare times that you can actually change your mind after hitting the "send" button... Yes, as Mikey says, you can edit or even delete your message if it is still in your "outbox". I sometimes wish my email had one like this. :oops: :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:I sometimes wish my email had one like this. :oops: :oops:
This is a nice feature now that I think about it. How many of us have sent a message to the wrong person and didn't realize it until the damage was done? 35
Ed